What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Record ALL audio streams

anandali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello... Does anybody know of an app which could continuously record everything I hear from my iPad? Whatever I would listen to: Youtube, radios, phone calls, movies, etc. Such apps exist for Windows: Free Sound Recorder, Audacity, PCWin Speaker Record, etc. They record whatever goes through your sound card and make an MP3 out of it.

Some say it is not possible to find such an app for the iPad because of the limitations of iOS but developers have been able to create screencasting apps which record everything from the iPad, the video AND the audio, so it should be possible. I could of course use a screencasting app and strip the video part from the resulting files to keep only the audio part but it would result in unnecessary work and very huge files.

Any idea?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not convinced there is something in the App Store that can help you. If you are more open to jailbreak your iPad, there would more likely something.

Most reactions