1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

app to play web-download audio with cover shut, without syncing?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by gregm, Jul 15, 2011.

1. gregm

gregm iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    iPad gurus,

Loving my iPad 2 -- totally awesome!

I'm trying to solve one simple problem, and am hoping that there's "an app for that."

Plenty of audio apps -- the built-in iPod music software, loads of streaming audio programs like Pandora -- will continue to play their audio with the screen locked or the Apple cover closed.

However, I'd like to be able to download an audio file (such as .mp3) from the Web to my iPad, and play it with the cover shut.

When playing in my browser, it'll stop when I close the cover. When I load it into another app like VLC or SuperFiles, it also stops playing when I close the cover. Even worse, (at least with SuperFiles, maybe with all of them? I forget!) it will go to auto-lock after the time in my settings...and stop playing.

Anybody know of an app or settings that will let me continue to play Web-downloaded audio with the cover shut, without having to put it through iTunes and sync it to the iPad?

Thanks!!
  2. graywolf

graywolf iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    It is quite annoying isn't it?

There is no way around it. Only the iPod app and a couple others will play while locked.