What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using a Portable Hard Drive to m IPad

Psunate77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a special kind I need to get? I have like 70GB of MP4 movies I wanna show on my ipad.

Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, sorry to say but there is no way that you can connect a wired USB external drive to your iPad docking station for the purpose above. The CCK (Camera Connection Kit) which includes a USB connector is meant only to attach your digital camera for transfer of images.

Now, if you want other suggestions to get your movies onto the iPad, then please post your wishes - good luck! :)

OP
P

Psunate77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Geez... Buying this thing was a mistake :( you can't do anything

verwon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Geez... Buying this thing was a mistake :( you can't do anything

You can do a lot with it. However, didn't you check the capabilities, before buying?

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can do a lot with it. However, didn't you check the capabilities, before buying?

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

The iPad2 is not a laptop but it's not intended to replace one. It can do many really cool things, you will learn.

dssxxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a special kind I need to get? I have like 70GB of MP4 movies I wanna show on my ipad.

Thanks

Connect your HD to your computer. Make sure the movies are in iPad format. Open folder you have all the movies stored and drag them into the open iTunes movies. The iTunes will take all 70GB of movies. When you sync your iPad to the same computer, the iPad will copy all the movies that it has room to hold. As you watch the movies on the iPad, delete them on the iPad and then delete them in iTunes.

I presently have over 80GB of movies in iTunes and about 35 in the iPad.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts