What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Decent Music Player for AirStash

WillS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks: I have an AirStash loaded with over 70GB of music files. I'd like to find a music player that will interface with the AirStash (via WiFi without actually downloading the songs to my iPad) and allow creation of playlists, saving lists, etc. Everything a normal music player does. Using the native AirStash app or WebDavNav+ only allows continuous playing of a single folder. And, once listening to a song, you can not leave the screen other than to minimize it (for instance to search a different folder for the next song to play). To do so pauses the song. Any ideas. I have searched this forum, AirStash.com and Apple without success. Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've deleted the duplicate post you made in iPad General Discussions. Duplicate posting can fragment any resulting conversation, leading to confusion, as well as being against the forum rules.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid that's the way the iPad works due to Apple's sand boxing of apps for security reasons. If you aren't streaming the media from the AirStash (via the AirStash app, then you'll have to use the "Open In" function to put the music on the iPad itself (cause the app you will use has to load the music into its own filesystem).

The iPad is app-centric, not file-centric. To play/use media, the app must have access to the media and the only way is to have it loaded on the iPad (or accessible through the app as AirStash does with its streaming ability). Sorry.

Marilyn

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why not write to the Airstash folks and tell them about the enhanced features you'd like to see in their app. If people don't write in with requests, they won't know what features are desired. Personally, I can't deal with 70 GB of music files.

wcricple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks,

My first post and the reason I've joined this forum. Trying to find a way to access music on my airstash similar to the player on the iPad. Looks prove like there is nothing out there? Airstash needs to improve the interface between their device and iPad iOS ? Any other ideas?

Most reactions

Latest posts