1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Need Decent Music Player for AirStash

Discussion in 'Portable WIFI Drives' started by WillS, Jul 27, 2013.

1. WillS

WillS iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi folks: I have an AirStash loaded with over 70GB of music files. I'd like to find a music player that will interface with the AirStash (via WiFi without actually downloading the songs to my iPad) and allow creation of playlists, saving lists, etc. Everything a normal music player does. Using the native AirStash app or WebDavNav+ only allows continuous playing of a single folder. And, once listening to a song, you can not leave the screen other than to minimize it (for instance to search a different folder for the next song to play). To do so pauses the song. Any ideas. I have searched this forum, AirStash.com and Apple without success. Thanks.
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,035 / 1
    I've deleted the duplicate post you made in iPad General Discussions. Duplicate posting can fragment any resulting conversation, leading to confusion, as well as being against the forum rules.
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,729 / 0
    I'm afraid that's the way the iPad works due to Apple's sand boxing of apps for security reasons. If you aren't streaming the media from the AirStash (via the AirStash app, then you'll have to use the "Open In" function to put the music on the iPad itself (cause the app you will use has to load the music into its own filesystem).

The iPad is app-centric, not file-centric. To play/use media, the app must have access to the media and the only way is to have it loaded on the iPad (or accessible through the app as AirStash does with its streaming ability). Sorry.

Marilyn
  4. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    Why not write to the Airstash folks and tell them about the enhanced features you'd like to see in their app. If people don't write in with requests, they won't know what features are desired. Personally, I can't deal with 70 GB of music files.
  5. wcricple

wcricple iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi folks,

My first post and the reason I've joined this forum. Trying to find a way to access music on my airstash similar to the player on the iPad. Looks prove like there is nothing out there? Airstash needs to improve the interface between their device and iPad iOS ? Any other ideas?