What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selective Back up of Ipad 2

ggajra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My itunes automatically starts to back up the complete Ipad including all Apps and files associated with it (approx. 20 GB). I do not have more than 5GB free on my computer hard drive (total size is about 70GB). Is there any way I can selectively back up the apps and content I want?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ggajra said:
My itunes automatically starts to back up the complete Ipad including all Apps and files associated with it (approx. 20 GB). I do not have more than 5GB free on my computer hard drive (total size is about 70GB). Is there any way I can selectively back up the apps and content I want?

Check out this link http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414 audio, video and photo content is not automatically backed up.

I would suggest that you should get yourself an external hard drive, you will need it anyway if you only have 5GB free space left. I would also consider two so that you can use one as a back up for everything........too many disaster stories of computers dying and all the impotent stuff is gone forever.

Hard drives are dirt cheap, don't risk a disaster!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts