What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrding

Mahmud57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any risk of losing application or data to upgrading my IPad 2 from version 4.3.3 to 4.3.5 ? I did not Jailbreak my system.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Minimal risk. But a couple of things.......

1) always back up your device before upgrading incase you need to retrieve your info
2) why not wait until iOS 5 is released tomorrow?

Last edited:
OP
Mahmud57

Mahmud57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does backup means sync. With laptop ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Does backup means sync. With laptop ?

Backup and sync are slightly different things, though both require a computer, at least fir now. Both happen automatically when you sync the iPad with iTunes.

Sync has to do with your media and apps. When your iPad is connected to iTunes and selected there are a series of pages available to set syncing for a large range of content.

Backups cover most data not covered by syncing. It includes thigs like the contents and settings of apps (not the apps themselves), system settings, contacts, calendars, picture roll, and much more. Unlike syncing there are almost no controls for backing up. If you sync, it does a backup, maintains only the most recent backup, and you can only restore the entire iPad from a backup, not specific apps or content.

Most reactions

Latest posts