What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update Ipad but not to the newest version.

vix027

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to update my ipad 2 which is currently on 4.3.1.
I want to upgrade it to 4.3.3 but itunes only allows me to update to 4.3.5.

Can anyone help me on this?

Regards
Vix

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
See if this helps.

Can I upgrade or downgrade my new iPad2 to 4.3.3?

No, sorry, you are too late. You can only install version 4.3.3 of iOS on your iPad2 if you have saved SHSH Blobs for 4.3.3. Blobs are unique to your device and must be provided by Apple, and they stopped providing 4.3.3 blobs several months ago. There is no way to copy, forge, or otherwise bypass this security. If your iPad2 is new then you have no 4.3.3 blobs and no way to get them. No blobs means no downgrade / upgrade. Sorry. See our FAQ here for more information on blobs - SHSH Blobs - Frequently Asked Questions - UPDATED

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
See if this helps.

No, sorry, you are too late. You can only install version 4.3.3 of iOS on your iPad2 if you have saved SHSH Blobs for 4.3.3. Blobs are unique to your device and must be provided by Apple, and they stopped providing 4.3.3 blobs several months ago. There is no way to copy, forge, or otherwise bypass this security. If your iPad2 is new then you have no 4.3.3 blobs and no way to get them. No blobs means no downgrade / upgrade. Sorry. See our FAQ here for more information on blobs - SHSH Blobs - Frequently Asked Questions - UPDATED

Not true. SHSH blobs are only needed for downgrading. You can download the Ipsw file from here and update through iTunes with it. [ Link removed!
Once you have it installed go to jailbreakme.com to get it jail broken.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited by a moderator:

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vix027 said:
I downloaded the 4.3.3 ipsw file but when i click on it itunes pops up but nothing happens.

Hold on while I figure it out.

[Moderator edit: Removed link that wasn't germane to the topic]

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
See if this helps.

Not true. SHSH blobs are only needed for downgrading. You can download the Ipsw file from here and update through iTunes with it. Download iOS 4.3.3 IPSW - iPhone, iPad, iPod touch [Direct Links]
Once you have it installed go to jailbreakme.com to get it jail broken.

Hold on. Let me figure this out.:)

So you are saying that Leigh is incorrect here:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/44596-official-ipad2-jailbreak-thread-3.html

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, Snowboarder, but you are a tad confused; having SHSH blobs applies to downgrades AND upgrades.

Without SHSH blobs, you can only install iOS firmware that Apple is still signing. Today, that is firmware 4.3.5.

To put iOS 4.3.3 on your iPad, whether as an upgrade OR a downgrade requires you to have saved the SHSH blobs for that version of firmware when Apple was still signing it. Again, no SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 = no iOS 4.3.3 on your iPad. Ever.

Yeah, it gets a bit confusing, what with all the versions running around.

Hope that clarifies things.

Marilyn

OP
V

vix027

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So at this stage i cannot jail break my ipad?
I have to update firmware to 4.3.5 but no jail break avaliable an wont be.

Most reactions

Latest posts