What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this work ?

gretar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So yeahh i got an Ipad 2
Version 4.3.5 (8L1)

And i can't jailbreak it with jailbreakme.com
So i was thinking if i could hold down the "home button" when i plug it in to the computer. Then it goes in to recovery mode and i will choose to restore it and i will hold "shift" and then i will download IOS 4.3.3 so i can jailbreak it will this work ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No.

You cannot load iOS 4.3.3 onto that iPad without having SHSH blobs for that iOS.

Did you just get the iPad new? If so, then there's no way you'll have the blobs. There is nothing you can do, sorry. However, if you got it used, then maybe someone has already saved them earlier (note that this is a [very] long shot). To check, run through the first part of this sticky to see if you have any blobs: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

If you don't have the blobs, it's either you stay on your current firmware or upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 and join the rest of the hopeful in waiting for a jailbreak.

Marilyn

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts