What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

upgrade JB 3.2.2 to 4.3

saggii27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,i have jailbreaked ipad with 3.2.2 limera, since i was not in town i couldnt update the JB but now i badly want to upgrade the jailbreak to 4.3 how can i do it?any help please?

fayyaz6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
saggii27 said:
hi,i have jailbreaked ipad with 3.2.2 limera, since i was not in town i couldnt update the JB but now i badly want to upgrade the jailbreak to 4.3 how can i do it?any help please?

Upgrade to 4.3 from iTunes, then type tysiphonehelp on YouTube, he has got a video about the 4.3 jailbreak. I used it was very helpful jus follow the instructions.

OP
S

saggii27

iPF Noob
Reaction score

i have previously done JB with 3.2.2.As i dont want to have back up of cydia apps so i need not purchase pkgback up.isnt it?I have majority of apps downloaded from app store which i purchased before JB.how can i have back up of those before i JB for 4.3.3?which is more preferable redsnow or snowbreeze for 4.3.3?

one more help can i uninstall limera which i earlier used for JB 3.2.2?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
saggii27 said:

i have previously done JB with 3.2.2.As i dont want to have back up of cydia apps so i need not purchase pkgback up.isnt it?I have majority of apps downloaded from app store which i purchased before JB.how can i have back up of those before i JB for 4.3.3?which is more preferable redsnow or snowbreeze for 4.3.3?

one more help can i uninstall limera which i earlier used for JB 3.2.2?

Yes, if you don't want to backup and restore your Cydia Apps then no need to use pkgbackup. All the apps you have purchased are easily installed again via iTunes as long as you have synced your iPad recently (or just do it now). You won't need to purchase them again.

Since you need to update your iOS from 3.2.2 to 4.3.3 anyway, the easiest method for you will probably be sn0wbreeze as this does both the upgrade and the jailbreak in one thanks to being a custom firmware. I suggest you follow that tutorial in our guides section. OK?

But, the choice is really yours. You can also choose to put your device into DFU mode and restore a stock 4.3.3, get all your apps and media back on there without the jailbreak, and then once you are happy with the setup you could jailbreak with redsn0w later. It is entirely a personal choice. Do you want to get all your apps and media on first, then jailbreak (redsn0w), or do you want to upgrade and jailbreak, then put all your apps and media on there (sn0wbreeze). The choice is yours!

You don't need to do anything about limera1n either. It will be wiped out by the restore whichever method you choose...

OP
S

saggii27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the guide:)

When i tried updating to version 4.3.3 from itunes there is this message shown on the screen

THERE WAS A PROBLEM DOWNLOADING THE SOFTWARE FOR THE IPAD.THE
NETWORK CONNECTION TIMED OUT.

MAKE SURE YOUR NETWORK SETTINGS ARE CORRECT AND YOUR NETWORK
CONNECTION IS ACTIVE,OR TRY AGAIN LATER.

i tried again twice but the same message is shown repeatedly and this happens exactly at the very last moment at the very last KB to be precise.help me get through this.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First, make sure you temporarily disable anti-virus on your PC. This often messes with firmware downloads.

Next, download the firmware from this thread onto your desktop - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

Check that the firmware files you download does not get renamed to a .zip file by your browser. This sometimes happens. If it does, rename it to a .ipsw file before you continue.

Finally, when you go to restore in iTunes, hold down the shift key (option key on Mac) when you click restore. This will allow you to pick the firmware you just downloaded.
The restore should then work fine.

OP
S

saggii27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
compatibility to windows XP

i use XP service pack 3.i have downloaded redsnow and firmware for JB 4.3.3.there comes a step where i should change the compatibility but when i right clicked redsnow then properties<compatibility i could not find windows XP on the list.:(instead i could see compatibility only for windows95,98,2000 and windows NT 4.0 service pack 5.plz help, post your views.

thanks in advance:)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you use XP you don't do this. The instructions say Windows7 and Vista users only for that bit I think...

OP
S

saggii27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thaank you:) thanks a lot:) i have jailbroken by ipad successfully with 4.3.3:)the guide was very helpful.glad to be a part of this forum.:)

one last thing can i now if required download any app from app store or have a update on them?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
one last thing can i now if required download any app from app store or have a update on them?

Yes. Being jailbroken does not stop any standard feature of your iPad from working. You can continue to purchase, download, and update all your Apps from the App Store and music / videos etc. from iTunes as normal.
It's just that now you have more options available to you via Cydia...

Most reactions

Latest posts