What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jailbreak details

nodixe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please excuse my innexperience but I am new to the Apple scene and was not sure where I should post this but since it has to do with jailbreaking I thought this was right place to get some clarification. I appologize in advance for any breech of foum rules.
About a week ago I was at local Verizon store and got a sweet deal on 1stGen ipad with os 3.2.2. And on my laptop I have itunes 10 (it was synced to an ipod that I lost a while ago). Im plannin on using limera1n to jailbreak so first I need to sync and backup ipad with itunes correct? Then run the program and follow inst. and I'll have jailbroken ipad 3.2.2. But what if I want to upgrade os? Should I upgrade before Jb during sync? Is it possible to Jb 4.x.x os? Is it possible to upgrade after Jb or is that senseless? Am I just stuck with 3.2.2? Will using itunes 10 cause any problems? It wont erase my apps will it?
Anyway those are my Q's. Any help is appreciated

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
3.2.2 is VERY old now. I would strongly recommend that you upgrade to the latest iOS, 4.3.3. Once the upgrade is complete (use the latest version of iTunes to do it), you can then go about jailbreaking it. Use the stickies in this section and the tutorials in our tutorials and guides section to help you. All the info you need is in those threads.

Once you have the iPad upgraded and working on 4.3.3 I would recommend you use redsn0w to jailbreak it. There is a tutorial for it that walks you through step by step.

You won't lose any of your data if you follow the above (upgrade via iTunes to 4.3.3 then jailbreak with redsn0w).

Hope that helps.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can talk about jailbreaking and similar stuff here except piracy.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

Most reactions

Latest posts