1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Updated Apps and screen orientation

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by ColinCampbell, Nov 25, 2012.

1. ColinCampbell

ColinCampbell iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recently updated several apps on my iPad. Some of them were free games, but I also updated Facebook, Weather.com, etc. when I log out of Facebook, the splash screen always shows in portrait, while I almost always use my iPad in landscape mode. Some of the games display in portrait after I close the ad.

I have not updated to the latest iOS, as I don't want to lose the old Maps app.

Is this really misbehavior by the apps, or is it because some programming interface has changed, and I haven't installed the latest operating system, or something else?
    Thanks,
    Colin
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,692 / 0
    TBH, I think it's lazy programming by the developer in that they only designed a splash screen in portrait mode. Or, they didn't make a new one when they developed the app for the iPad. A lot of these apps that have portrait-only splash screens came originally from the iPhone (which doesn't do landscape). So, a landscape screen was forgotten (or ignored).

All that to say - you're fine. It's the app not you; and, as long as it works fine once the app loads, I wouldn't worry.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn