What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picture orientation in ipad2 or ios in general

ronwong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there are a few threads on picture orientation but its not exactly what i am trying to find out.

simple, i take a picture in portrait format, uplaoad to facebook, it comes up landscape and i have to turn my head 90 degree to see.

Its not only about face book, but sharepoint, other apps. i specificall tested this, by taking 4 pictures, portrait lock screen rotation, portrait unlock screen rotatn, landscape lock scren rotation, landscape unlock screen rotation, and then uploading all 4 pictures to a blog page, all 4 pictures come out landscape. So basically I have no control of the orientation.

I heard something about apple using some external flags to show correctly in apple applications, but i have no idea of the true orientation of the picture, and when these pictures are sent to external applications, its the true orientation that shows.

i downloaded an app called PicRotate that seems to decipher its true orientation, but it save pics at a lossy compression with no options, there there no solution for such a simple thing?

Most reactions