1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Picture orientation in ipad2 or ios in general

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by ronwong, Nov 12, 2011.

1. ronwong

ronwong iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    there are a few threads on picture orientation but its not exactly what i am trying to find out.

simple, i take a picture in portrait format, uplaoad to facebook, it comes up landscape and i have to turn my head 90 degree to see.

Its not only about face book, but sharepoint, other apps. i specificall tested this, by taking 4 pictures, portrait lock screen rotation, portrait unlock screen rotatn, landscape lock scren rotation, landscape unlock screen rotation, and then uploading all 4 pictures to a blog page, all 4 pictures come out landscape. So basically I have no control of the orientation.

I heard something about apple using some external flags to show correctly in apple applications, but i have no idea of the true orientation of the picture, and when these pictures are sent to external applications, its the true orientation that shows.

i downloaded an app called PicRotate that seems to decipher its true orientation, but it save pics at a lossy compression with no options, there there no solution for such a simple thing?