What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone apps orientation on iPad2

seattlecosmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have installed several apps on my iPad recently (AP Mobile, GoMeals, and others that seem to be made for the iPhone because they display only in portrait mode. I have my iPad in a Switcheasy Canvas, which orients only in landscape mode. Is there a way to display iPhone apps in landscape mode? Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad's operating system, iOS, makes the orientation of the iPhone and iPad available to a developer to use in their app if they choose to do so. It's entirely up to the Developer as to whether they use this information because it might well be that re-orienting the app display is inappropriate to the content. As a result, when an iPhone app is imported to the iPad it will inherit the original app Developer's intention and, if they chose not to make the app orientation-aware, then it is impossible to over-ride that. Those iPhone apps, however, that are orientation-aware will automatically align themselves to either portrait or landscape mode if the orientation lock is disabled.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts