What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to restore iOS 7.0.4 in a ipad with 3004 and 3194 Error

bhrzk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I've been trying to restore my ipad to iOS 7.0.4 for 3 days (I really mean it) but I just get Error 3004 or 3194 continuely.

These are things I have tried :
1 - Check the windows host file ( put the gs.apple.com , remove it , test with different IPs , blank it , even delete it and etc .. )
2 - Test with different itunes versions
3 - Test with different computers
4 - Test with different internet providers
5 - Test with Proxy , VPN etc.
6 - Check, change and test with different options in internet options.
7 - I'm sure about my internet connectivity.
8 - Test all the above tests in both normal and DFU mode.
9 - Uninstall any AV programs.
10 - Made sure the firewall is disabled.
11 - Connected via LAN and WLAN both even with cell phone's internet.

but I still get the same error again and again . I actually open gs.apple.com in the browser with no problem and fast.
the error appears when I choose the iOS ( with shift + click on the restore button ) and after extracting section.

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to ask (cause it seems you've tried just about everything) - but have you tried connecting the iPad to iTunes and then pressing the "Restore iPad..." button? If yes, what error code do you get?

Then, Apple also has tips for using iTunes to put an iPad into recovery mode and restoring it. They are here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

Maybe the key is to let iTunes "decide" where to go to get the iOS/IPSW...?

Oh, and when you say "after extracting section" - are you uncompressing a .zip file to get the IPSW? You get .zip files when you download IPSWs with Internet Explorer and they are not to be extracted, just need to change the extension to .ipsw (or use a different browser cause IE is not that good with IPSW files). Ignore this paragraph if that's not what you're doing. :)

Marilyn

OP
B

bhrzk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, bhrzk! Welcome to iPF!

There's a tutorial in the following link that may perhaps help with your problem: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html
The description is in the very first post. You'll see that one of the errors you get is mentioned there as well.

Hope that helps.

Hi
Thanks for you fast answer
I've checked every steps you mentioned in that topic but nothing worked. :(

Sorry to ask (cause it seems you've tried just about everything) - but have you tried connecting the iPad to iTunes and then pressing the "Restore iPad..." button? If yes, what error code do you get?

Then, Apple also has tips for using iTunes to put an iPad into recovery mode and restoring it. They are here: iOS: Unable to update or restore

Maybe the key is to let iTunes "decide" where to go to get the iOS/IPSW...?

Oh, and when you say "after extracting section" - are you uncompressing a .zip file to get the IPSW? You get .zip files when you download IPSWs with Internet Explorer and they are not to be extracted, just need to change the extension to .ipsw (or use a different browser cause IE is not that good with IPSW files). Ignore this paragraph if that's not what you're doing. :)

Marilyn

I can't directly restore the device but I've downloaded the ispw files then go to the itunes and press shift+restore then choose my ispw .
when I mentioned the extracting part I meant in the itunes. when you choose the ispw and go for restore first itunes extract the package then go to preparation phase then I get error.

something I should add up
I used tinyumberella as well but in this case itunes sticks in the preparation mode and nothing happened
also
I tried to use snow-breeze in order to jailbreak the ios 6.1.3 but I get the Invalid ispw error .

so please tell me if there is any other solution it drives me crazy :((

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't directly restore the device but I've downloaded the ispw files then go to the itunes and press shift+restore then choose my ispw .

What error do you get when you try to use iTunes to restore? As in, when you connect the iPad and hit the restore button?

when I mentioned the extracting part I meant in the itunes. when you choose the ispw and go for restore first itunes extract the package then go to preparation phase then I get error.

something I should add up
I used tinyumberella as well but in this case itunes sticks in the preparation mode and nothing happened
also
I tried to use snow-breeze in order to jailbreak the ios 6.1.3 but I get the Invalid ispw error .

so please tell me if there is any other solution it drives me crazy :((

Another dumb question from me: are you putting the iPad into DFU mode before you do the shift/restore process? You don't need to if you press the restore button in iTunes, but you DO is you manually do the shift/restore...

I'm afraid that if none of these things help you (our suggestions and f4780y's tutorial), your best bet is to take the iPad to the Spple Store and see if the Geniuses can help you get it upgraded to iOS 7.0.4 (but, do a backup before you go). Sorry.

Marilyn

P.S. And you can't jail break iOS 6.1.3 - which is why you got the error...

OP
B

bhrzk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all for trying help me .
After 6 days working on the ipad I finally could pass the error 3194 with tinyumberella now I get error 4014 which even apple doesn't know anything about it .

anyone else had the same experience?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's error 4014 (this is from Apple's support site):

Error 4000, 4005, 4013, 4014, and 4016

After you perform each step, try to restore your device.
Restart your computer.
Disconnect all your USB devices from your computer and connect to another USB port.
Use a different USB cable.
Uninstall third-party security software.
Try restoring using an alternate computer.

OP
B

bhrzk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies and help. I really appreciate that.
I'm glad to inform that I finally found a way to solve my problem which is I threw the ipad into a electronic mixer 8-> and everything backed to normal ...

Life is beautiful again.

Most reactions