What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two New iPhones to Launch in September, iPads Coming in October?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course Apple has had past failures. That proves my point about them trying to be innovators and creating products that didnt necessarily have a market like the Newton. It was a failure because it was way ahead of its time and the techonolgy didn't yet exist for it to be nearly as useful as the iPad. It's easy to say after the fact, when something is a smash hit like the ipad, "oh there was always a huge market for tablets". I'm sure at some point in the future Apple (or another company) will create a product that is a failure. I think you're failing to fully grasp what motivates Apple, historically. They have always tried to come up with products that are new and innovative as contrasted to MS who tries to cater to the masses with a mediocre product that just performs adequately.

When MS does try to branch out from their comfort zone, they give us failures like W8 and the surface. Lol

What motivated Apple to make an iPad mini is they saw consumers buying other 7" tabs. What motivated Apple to make iPhone 5 bigger is they saw consumers buying bigger phones. Of course, Apple has done innovating of its own. But it's not guaranteed future success just because of current success. That's true of any company. That's why no one can afford to fall behind.

fb si

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What motivated Apple to make an iPad mini is they saw consumers buying other 7" tabs. What motivated Apple to make iPhone 5 bigger is they saw consumers buying bigger phones. Of course, Apple has done innovating of its own. But it's not guaranteed future success just because of current success. That's true of any company. That's why no one can afford to fall behind.

I was referring to the original iPad in my post. The rest are really just copies, just smaller sizes. Same with the original iPhone. Nice attempt at diverting though. ;)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was referring to the original iPad in my post. The rest are really just copies, just smaller sizes. Same with the original iPhone. Nice attempt at diverting though. ;)

Actually, the iPad is a copy of the iPhone. There was no attempt to divert, but if we follow your "logic," Apple is just repeatedly making the same product, which can hardly be called innovative, lol.

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]TD-SCDMA suggests to me that iPhone will only do uplink.
The LTE downlink is OFDMA. Maybe the article meant iphone will do the LTE advanced, support for carrier aggregation.
Either way, Qualcomm provides all of the radio cores. It's like Apple's got a monopoly on really cool phones and tablets, and Qualcomm has a monopoly on radio chipsets.
Name one company that can do what Apple can do?
Name one company that can do what Qualcomm can do?

[/FONT]

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What your saying is drinking beer is copying drinking water because they're both beverages?

Most reactions

Latest posts