What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Rumours Surface of iPad 3 Launch in October

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_3_dock_connector.JPG

Although I know most people still don’t believe Apple will be launching a new iPad before the end of the year, it’s still worth repeating the latest rumour on Japanese website Macotakara, which according to AppleInsider is saying that Apple has plans to release the iPad 3 in October, and will be announcing that very fact in September. As AppleInsider notes, Macotakara has quite a good track record with its Apple stories, being one of the first websites to report back in March 2011 that Apple would not be releasing its next iPhone in the traditional June-July period, which of course proved to be right on the money. Macotakara’s story backs up a DigiTimes story from this July that also said that Apple will be launching the iPad 3 in October, with production starting in September. Other rumours swirling around about the iPad 3 say that it could have a Retina Display screen with double the resolution of the iPad 2. It certainly sounds plausible, but I’m thinking there should surely have been some iPad 3 case leaks by now if we really are getting a new one in October?

Source: AppleInsider | Rumor: Apple to begin 'iPhone 4S,' iPad 3 production in Sept for Oct launch

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it would be crazy the iPad2 is destroying the competition no mention $$$ more than ever, unless they finally got greedy it would be shame.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

StevenRiley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking for my 4th IPad for the family so I will be waiting just in case it does come out in October, or November if it does not come out in October.

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well in case it come true and we have an ipad3 depends the specs I would buy one, so my wife can take mine as a reader(she reads a lot). Or maybe the upgrade is not that great and we ended up with a cheap ipad2

gharrop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have always believed that Apple will expand the range of IPads to help keep competition at bay, add a higher price point and encourage more iPad 1 trade ups before the holiday season , an iPad 2 with a better screen resolution is the most likely option.....iPad 2 HD for October?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In order to launch in October they would need to be in full production now, robbing capacity from the iPad 2 which would show significant shortages.

Not going to happen.

-t

Marcus.9907

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe an iPad mini is in the works to compete with smaller tablets. Just a thought tho. No real facts to base this. Who knows it might be an iPad lite, cheaper but with less features. Not something apple usually does but considering the iPod line, wouldn't be too far fetched

biller007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt there will be an iPad3 in 2011. My bet would be on fall of 2012.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bethbangs said:
Will it have a flash player?

Sure, and an optional 10" display, expanding to 19" by simply pulling on opposite corners at the same time...

Most reactions

Latest posts