What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to do the right thing and return a lost ipad to it's owner

wyoung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this ipad was found at my fathers work the owner has not locked it down with icloud is there anyway i can get into the home screen or if worse comes to worse factory reset if to stop it being a waste of a perfectly good ipad

Attachments

• 1695272072105.png
    1695272072105.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 18

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
this ipad was found at my fathers work the owner has not locked it down with icloud is there anyway i can get into the home screen or if worse comes to worse factory reset if to stop it being a waste of a perfectly good ipad
Your father should hand the iPad to whoever deals with lost property at his place of work,

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
From your image, it looks like the wrong passcode has been entered too often. That’s why the device is disabled.

That doesn’t mean the iPad is not locked to an iCloud ID. You’d notice that as soon as you’d try to erase the device.

As Jupiter7 said before: This iPad should be handed to the Lost Property department, or to the police. Everything else would be theft.

Most reactions