What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hacker put my ipad in lost mode through icloud and now i cant unlock it.

Evolved

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My apple id got hacked, now i have gotten it back and changed the password and turned on two factor authentication. However, my ipad is still locked. The hacker went into my icloud and put my ipad in lost mode and also changed the password. So when i came home to my apartment and the ipad auto connected to the wifi, it turned into lost mode. He put his mail in the message on screen and requires money in exchange for the password.

I've turned of lost mode in icloud but the ipad itself doesn't have any connection to internet so it can't detect that I've turned of lost mode. I've tried to put it in DFU mode and update the ios. But after the ipad is updated it returns to the lost mode screen.

It's an Ipad 3 4G 64gb, the first one with retina display and the last one with 30pin connector. I haven't used the cellular for a while, just the wifi. It's not jailbreaked.

I have a lot of important info on it that i need to get out. I don't have a backup for it anywhere. I've used it as a "laptop".

Any ideas on how you can unlock it or extract the information? Can i hack into it somehow? Is there companies that can solve this for a fee?

Thanks in advance!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

I don’t think there’s anything we can do for you. It’s not possible to circumvent Apple’s Activation Lock. I wouldn’t trust sites promising to unlock an iDevice locked by iCloud either. They are scam. Some might seem successful at first, but people trying to get rid of iCloud that way had to deal with a damaged device, after a short period of time.

Apple might help, if you can prove that you purchased this iPad (billing). Contact them, or take your device to the next Apple Retail Store, and don’t forget the billing.

Last edited:
OP
E

Evolved

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have already been in contact with Apple support for several hours, proved that the ipad was mine through IMEI number. According to Apple the only solution is to restore it, but then i will lose all my information. Apple said there are other unofficial ways to deal with this problem but its nothing Apple can refer to due to the companies policy. Hence im here on the forum looking for those unofficial solutions.

I've tried to mail the hacker "EDITED", but i get a message that the mail can't be delivered and probably the adress doesn't longer exist.

Do you think there will be a solution in the future? Say in about 3-5 years? I don't really care about the ipad itself, just the information inside it. So i dont really care if the unit gets damaged somehow during the information extraction.

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules. http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/forum-rules-everybody-please-read.2119/ No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That hacker would have had to have physical possession of your iPad, it could not have been done remotely, to do what he did. He would also have to know your Apple ID and password.
What the Apple service tech was referring to was a so-called iCloud bypass. These bypasses do not work and do not result in a fully functional device.
The only way for you to return your iPad to full functionality would be to restore it as the Apple tech said.

Last edited:

Most reactions