What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad screen locked after 4.2 - it's not the button

speekjunky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad is locked. I double tap the home button, slide right and it shows the screen is NOT locked. I lock and unlock but the screen still stays landscape in all applications and all screens. I power down and start up and now it is locked in portrait.

Any help?

Thanks

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any time you get funky behaviour, always try a reboot first. (Hold both Home and Sleep buttons until the Apple logo appears... quite a few seconds, so just keep holding past the Turn Off screen.)

OP
S

speekjunky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No luck. Tried it twice and it's still locked. Thanks for the tip on how to reboot. Too bad it didn't work.

Any other ideas?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has the iPad been dropped or otherwise been subjected to a sudden shock?

The accelerometer has a moving part. Sounds like it has stopped functioning.

Try running an app that uses accelerometer for control. That should work even if orientation is locked. If you don't get movement you have a broken or stuck accelerometer.

If you can get movement via an accelerometer-using app I would try I complete restore and setup as new--don't load a backup.

Michael

Most reactions