What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Try another Apple ID as it is already being used"

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was trying to set up from start - did not get any pictures as shown, just Hello, Halo, Bonjour etc, got as far as Create Apple ID
It has my email and seems happy with that, but then it says "try another Apple ID as it is already being used" ??? I went to the site suggested on my desktop, and it was happy with my email address and my new passwords, I saved them. But nothing synced to the Ipad. (I have a 16gb mini /retina ipad). I was going to plug the ipad cord into the computer, and wasn't sure if that was ok - as the desktop is not apple. I plugged it into power, but I haven't and can't get past the message "try another Apple ID as it is already being used"

Can anyone help please?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, joodyanne! Welcome to iPF!

You don't need to plug your iPad into the computer to set it up.

When you are at the point of entering your Apple ID, you have two choices, afaik: Sign in with your Apple ID or create new one. In your case, it should be "Sign in...". You already have an Apple ID, you don't need to create a new one. Then you should be able to continue setting it up.

There's nothing wrong with using a PC with your device. You'll need to install iTunes there, though: http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/

Last edited:
OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks J.A - I finally got in- now I just need to play around and get familiar with it.
I appreciate your help

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn't get very far :( - went into Safari to go into facebook - I was to type my address which is (partly) joody_a - but there is no _ on the keyboard at that point. It has been available everywhere else, but not now (I think it's been replaced by "undo") Question - how do I get into fb ?

Ooops - should I have started a new thread?

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That key is here:
image-4037309584.jpg

Otherwise you'll find it when you select these keys:

image-132855933.jpg

image-2006673797.jpg

Here it is then:

image-3661611671.jpg

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Found it thanks - dont know how though - they keyboard is showing different symbols - but I can now find the _

It changed into the same keyboard you are using

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it looks like this:

image-4245810883.jpg

then Siri is enabled on your iPad. It doesn't make a difference. Tap the 123 key on one side, then the #+= key, and you'll find the one you need. I added a few screenshots to my post after answering it.

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks J.A (especially for the pics.) I am understanding some things a bit better, and have noted the tutorial.

OP
joodyanne

joodyanne

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well J.A. I got into more trouble trying to get Cloud organised, -never mind, I reset the whole thing and have now run into more trouble.

I entered English (from scratch) and my country - then let it search for my wifi - it has come up with the right one, but it appears to be locked, and I can't go further. It suggests if I have problems to go to ITunes, that too appears locked. How on earth can I get further, I can't reset it again as there is not option :

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well J.A. I got into more trouble trying to get Cloud organised, -never mind, I reset the whole thing and have now run into more trouble. I entered English (from scratch) and my country - then let it search for my wifi - it has come up with the right one, but it appears to be locked, and I can't go further. It suggests if I have problems to go to ITunes, that too appears locked. How on earth can I get further, I can't reset it again as there is not option :
If the iPad has found your Wi-Fi, then tap it and select "Join Network". You'll have to enter the password of your Wi-Fi connection as next step. Then you should be able to connect your iPad to the internet.

If you can't access the internet, you also can't open iTunes or the App Store on your device.

Most reactions

Latest posts