What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating New Apple ID

Bikepirate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a problem creating a new ID on both my PC and iPad. It would appear that somehow I have created an ID previously but I'm not able to change the password. On my PC I have asked for this password to be sent to the email address but it does not arrive. If I try to change the ID in iTunes it says that "the email address is already verified for another Apple ID"

I would like to completely (and I mean completely!) delete the whole information held by Apple and start again. The mini ipad in question is originally mine but I have given it to my wife and would like to completely reset it for her.

Help please....

Grant B

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a problem creating a new ID on both my PC and iPad. It would appear that somehow I have created an ID previously but I'm not able to change the password. On my PC I have asked for this password to be sent to the email address but it does not arrive. If I try to change the ID in iTunes it says that "the email address is already verified for another Apple ID" I would like to completely (and I mean completely!) delete the whole information held by Apple and start again. The mini ipad in question is originally mine but I have given it to my wife and would like to completely reset it for her. Help please.... Grant B

Some years ago I tried a Mac and then went back to PCs. I was unable to remove my Apple account, but I did finally contact Apple and they did that for me with no hassle. When I came back to Apple to use an iPhone and iPad I set up an entirely new account.

OP
B

Bikepirate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to both Johanna and lowertech for your help. In desperation I contacted Apple Support and finally found out what the problem was. Apparently I put my wife's email address as my second email address on my Apple ID and hence could not use this for my wife's iPad. I therefore cancelled this second address on my ID and was then able to create a new ID for my wife. Phew!!

All I have to do now is to delete all the contacts inherited from my Son, present on both my iPad and my wife's. Surely there must be a way without having to individually delete each one on each iPad. This would be very time consuming as there are a lot of them. They would need to be also deleted on iCloud...........

Grant B

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you start completely from the beginning (Erase all content and settings), everything stored on your iPad will be deleted. Also your son's contacts. They should be removed then. Are his contacts stored in the same iCloud account you're using?

OP
B

Bikepirate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Johanna,

Don't know if you will know the answer to this one. I have downloaded (and paid for!) the Code Two Sync program. I have now cleared out my Son's contacts from iCloud and synced it with Outlook on my PC. If I now sync between iCloud and my iPad using Code Two, will it delete the unwanted contacts on the iPad? or do I still have to delete them one by one.

Why is life so difficult? problem is I quite enjoy it!

Cheers,

Grant B

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know that.

What I'm wondering: if you set up your wife's iPad as new (without backup), your son's contacts should be removed, afaik.

OP
B

Bikepirate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Johanna,

One further question - I haven't downloaded iOS7 as yet. There seems to be conflicting views on it and many problems. Are you happy with the update?

GrantB

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I am. It needs getting used to, but both my devices and my daughter's are working great, my iPad 3 even better than before. I like the new features.

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Johanna, One further question - I haven't downloaded iOS7 as yet. There seems to be conflicting views on it and many problems. Are you happy with the update? GrantB

I like iOS 7 on my Mini too. One thing I suggest is to read up on some tips for saving battery life and other helpful setup suggestions. You can find those all over the Internet, and on this forum. Once I disabled certain features I found the Mini, and my iPhone, both run very well and the battery life is good. I also implement Airplane mode when I am not using it, which keeps devious apps from sucking battery juice too.

OP
B

Bikepirate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - I deleted my son's unwanted contacts from my iCloud and then carried out a full reset on my iPad. Guess what? the pesky contacts came back! I give up, I'm going to delete each unwanted contact manually on the iPad.

One final question though (I promise!). In order to delete the unwanted contacts in Contacts you go into edit and then Delete Contact. However some of the unwanted contacts do not have an edit icon. Why is this and how do you delete them?

Cheers,

GrantB

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to scroll down to see the "Delete" option. You can't remove contacts another way from your device.

May I ask: were your son's contacts in a backup of your iCloud account, and did you use the backup when you set up the iPad?
To understand deleting iCloud contacts: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2668

OP
B

Bikepirate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Johanna,

AFAIK you can only scroll down and delete after initiating the edit icon. You don't appear to be able to do much without the edit function. I did delete all my son's contacts in iCloud but somehow they come back!

I'm giving up and will live with the extra contacts. Frankly, I find Apple the most non user friendly system and much prefer the Windows operating system. I will still use iPad for other functions but will not try and go away from the obvious.

Thanks for your patience Johanna.

Cheers,

GrantB

Most reactions

Latest posts