What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

transfer

mazda jim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All, I'm afraid I'm a novice with an iPad and I'm having many problems trying to transfer the data from my Acer tablet to my new iPad pro. The system recommended is "move to iSO" but i have spent hours trying to get this to work without success. Is it possible to transfer data from my tablet and my pc manually? Any help would be much appreciated.

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Without knowing more details about what the data is or how it is stored/organized, it’s difficult to give specific advice,
That said, you could copy it from the Acer to Google Drive, then download it to the iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I’ve never used it myself, but several members have recommended iMazing in the past. It’s an alternative to running iTunes in Windows to manage files for iOS devices. it cost around $25.

Alternatively there are specialized apps that will let import Photos from the PC from a variety of sources. Most depend on creating an address on the iPad that you can then acces on the PC using a browser, or installing apps on both the iPad and computer. I’ve used PhotoSync by touchbyte GmbH in the past, and it worked well. Been a while though, so I don’t know if the app is still the best choice.

In the Files app you can choose the three dot icon at the top of the Files list to connect to a server. You’ll need to go to the PC to make sure SMB service is turned on, and identify the address. It’s not a good way to transfer photos (since they won’t end up in the Photos library), but you can move files to the iPad’s folders that way. You’ll need to log into the server with a user name and password that has access to the file/folders you want.

Mostly I just use iCloud Drive for file tansfers and the website icloud.com for access to other basic Apple apps on a PC; but I’ve never done a mass migration. You’ll need more than the free 5GB of iCloud drive storage to migrate more than a few files.

You do not have to install all of iTunes to install access to Apple’s iCloud serivices on Windows. At least not last time I checked. It’s a choice during the installation process.

Last edited:
OP
M

mazda jim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I downloaded the "move iso" from another site and it worked ok.

Most reactions

Latest posts