What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer photos from iPhone to iPad while travelling?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know if I'm missing something here or not but when I take a photo on my iPhone 3GS it streams to my iPad and vice versa. I don't do anything, it just happens

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zen2go said:
Btw, once connected via the CCK, can you view/play videos taken with the iPhone on the iPad directly without having to transfer them over to the iPad first?

I just tried this. You can view the thumbnails of your iPhone pics on the iPad. But from my test at least, you can't enlarge them or view the videos while the two are connected. When you touch them it just adds a check mark selecting them for import. I tried importing one of my video clips along with some pics. It let me select it and then went thru the procees of importing but when I disconnected the cables and went to view the new thumbnails on the iPad, the pics were there along with a blank grey one with the letters "mov" inside. It would not play so unless I missed something I guess importing videos via this method isn't supported.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know if I'm missing something here or not but when I take a photo on my iPhone 3GS it streams to my iPad and vice versa. I don't do anything, it just happens

Do you have both devices running iOS 5? If so, then you've probably got the iCloud picture sync going on. I don't have it turned on, so I can't tell you how to turn it off (if you so wish) - but I'm sure you can solve it by wandering around in Settings or in iTunes.

Marilyn

zen2go

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried this. You can view the thumbnails of your iPhone pics on the iPad. But from my test at least, you can't enlarge them or view the videos while the two are connected. When you touch them it just adds a check mark selecting them for import. I tried importing one of my video clips along with some pics. It let me select it and then went thru the procees of importing but when I disconnected the cables and went to view the new thumbnails on the iPad, the pics were there along with a blank grey one with the letters "mov" inside. It would not play so unless I missed something I guess importing videos via this method isn't supported.

Hmmm... Which iOS version(s) are running on your devices?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Do you have both devices running iOS 5? If so, then you've probably got the iCloud picture sync going on. I don't have it turned on, so I can't tell you how to turn it off (if you so wish) - but I'm sure you can solve it by wandering around in Settings or in iTunes.

Marilyn

Yes I do, it started right after the update. Just been traveling and I found it great to have all my photos on the iPad. So I like the feature and this is what the OP wants to do. I used the CCK with my camera.

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photo Transfer App is another good app that does the job if you don't have a CCK.

zen2go

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two main needs while traveling:

The first is to transfer videos/photos from my iPhone 4S to the iPad. this is not critical since my phone is 64GB.

The second is to save audio/video files from my Zoom Q3's SDHC card to the iPad. This is the bigger need, since the iPhone cannot record in stereo, forcing me to continue using my dedicated audio recorder (which is quite awesome, btw). If the CCK can read SDHC cards it would help a lot.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

This works fine if you want all your photos on various iDevices. I don't want 2,000+ photos from my iPhone automatically showing up on my iPad, though. I just choose a few dozen at most to show.

Most reactions

Latest posts