What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer photos from iPhone to iPad while travelling?

colingoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try bump from apps store, install it on both iphone and ipad... All you have to do is open up the apps and then 'bump' to each other to send photos music, contacts, etc etc... And its free...

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The funny thing is, a friend liked my iPhone photos so much that he had me copy some photos to his iPad during a trip, then he went home and bought an iPhone 4 and CCK.

I'm lazy about tech, so I recommend stuff only if it's easy.
That is an excellent policy.:thumbs: :):thumbs:

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try bump from apps store, install it on both iphone and ipad... All you have to do is open up the apps and then 'bump' to each other to send photos music, contacts, etc etc... And its free...
Tried it. Downloaded it onto both my iPhone and iPad, opened both, selected some pics on the phone and tried it but I keep getting "Sorry unsuccessful bump, please try again". What's the trick?

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
If anyone needs steps with the CCK for transferring from iPhone 4 or 4S:

Plug in kit to phone and iPad. Your iPad should automatically open and display all your phone's photos onscreen, as thumbnails. CLIC CLIC

By the way, I've tried with my iPhone 4S. Works fine, too.

OK, I got it. You use the CCK on the IPad and you plug the iPhone cable in the CCK who sees it as a camera.

Great. Why did not I think of that. Great forum isn't?

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

zen2go

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You connect your iPhone's USB sync/charge cable to the USB port on the CCK which is connected to the iPad. correct?

zen2go

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, the SD Card Reader on the CCK can only read, not write. Correct?

OP
Rambler358

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not clear what you mean. I take photos with iPhone and use the CCK to move photos to iPad. That's the only thing I use it for. I don't use a card.
Thank you - this is what I needed to know! :) And just to confirm, there's no special cables required for the CCK and copying from iPhone to iPad?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You connect your iPhone's USB sync/charge cable to the USB port on the CCK which is connected to the iPad. correct?

The CCK comes with a cord. I've not used the cord for anything else, but it looks like a standard Apple USB cord. Connect like so, with either a supported camera or an iPhone:

Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit - Apple Store (U.S.) (As in third of three photos.)

I've tried with an iPod touch 4, too. Also works fine.

By the way, I've had my CCK for a long time, since iPad 1, so maybe they stopped including the cord; I don't know. But the same kit works with my iPad 1 and 2, iPhone 4 and 4S, and iPod touch 4.

Last edited:

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is not possible to save back to the card from the iDevice (not jail broken anyway). But I tried the above trick to connect one device to another with the cable and the camera device and it works well. This way you can transfer photos from the one connected to the Apple connector to the one connected to the camera kit.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

zen2go

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I figured you hadn't bought the kit, but you might read elsewhere whether it worked.

In another thread titled "How to sync photo album..." one poster claims that you could put files onto the card. I asked for confirmation but have not heard back.

I think by default you can't, but perhaps some apps might be able to.

zen2go

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Btw, once connected via the CCK, can you view/play videos taken with the iPhone on the iPad directly without having to transfer them over to the iPad first?

Most reactions

Latest posts