What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TJ Maxx is Selling 16GB Wi-Fi iPads for $399!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Following on from the news yesterday that discount department store TJ Hughes in the UK was selling 64GB 3G iPads at a bargain price, Engadget reports today that various TJ Maxx stores in the US, in such locations as Vernon, NY, Ohio and New Jersey, are selling 16GB Wi-Fi only iPads for $399.99, instead of the usual $499.99. Engadget was first alerted to the fact that TJ Maxx was selling the iPads by reader Aaron who sent them photos of the display in the Vernon, NY store.

i4U also has a report on the story, saying that TJ Maxx has now confirmed via it’s Twitter that selected stores will be selling 16GB Wi-Fi-only iPads fpr $399.99.

Here’s the direct quote from the TJ Maxx Twitter feed:

“The rumors are TRUE! Select (unadvertised) locations/limited quan”

So basically, your best bet is to check with your local TJ Maxx and see if they’re stocking the bargain iPad, you never know you might be in luck!

Source: Engadget, i4U

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Yes TJMaxx the discount clothing store! It's funny because it is similar to the discount clothing store TJHughes in the UK that is also selling discounted iPads!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure they will have a whole 10 per store and there will be 5000 people raid the store trying to get one.......

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see how they can do this tho...I thought companies like apple and sony will fine stores is they discount their products.

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I used to work at TJ Maxx and unload the trucks, assemble the furniture, and hang all the clothes on the hangers. Everything that came off that truck was slightly defective one way or another. Everything will have a ding, a hole, a crooked sleeve, or something. A lot of the clothes have a tag with the defect highlighted, we would tear them off and throw them away. I remember right before Easter a truck came in and it was filled with white slacks, and every single pair had a big fat footprint on it. These slacks were inside sealed plastic bags but had footprints on them, I guess from the factory. That's the kind of stuff that came in. Or stuff manufactured especially for TJ Maxx. Super low quality sports jerseys and stuff like that. Also the designer purses, my mom said the styles in TJ Maxx she had never seen in nicer stores like Macy's or in butique outlets. So I wouldn't be surprised if the iPads were refurbs.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They would still have an apple warranty, would they not?

I have to look into this. My sister is looking to get one for my nephew, and at this price, it would be silly not to!

Most reactions

Latest posts