What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 Still Selling Like Hot Cakes

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
netkrazed said:
I'm definitely purchasing iPad 1 as backup. It's still a very good product especially at 299.

Heck,
Besides the obvious performance differences I like the first gen better than iPad2. :)

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
I agree. The buttons are so much easier to use. Especially the rotation lock is almost unusable in iPad 2, it feels as if I have to break it, just to slide over.

Not sure why that would be. I have two iPad 1 in the house and my new iPad 2, and the rotation lock works just as easily on the 2. The only thing I have any concern with is the 30 pin connecter feels like it's going to bend, the way it fits in the slot!

netkrazed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KJSmitty said:
Heck,
Besides the obvious performance differences I like the first gen better than iPad2. :)

I agree. The buttons are so much easier to use. Especially the rotation lock is almost unusable in iPad 2, it feels as if I have to break it, just to slide over.

Yup, button layout is much more easier on the first iPad. They should of kept the first gen casing for sure.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not surprised at all that the iPad 1 is selling well as it continues to be a quite awesome device. The 2 is faster on paper but it's not like the 1 just suddenly became a mere browser and e-mailer either. Were that the case, my 2 would be on order. It's not. My 1 is snappy as ever, smooth, and does as great a job as ever, and I have no practical reason to upgrade. Sure, the high octane eventual graphics programs down the pike may show some of the difference, but the rest is not that discernible, and that is why the 1 at reduced prices is a bargain! I adore mine and it's a keeper. I think it's a testament to iPad in general that people are getting the 1 as a first device even now. It just plain works.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not to mention if you know where to look you can find 1st gen accessories going at great prices (let alone having to wait for 2nd gen accessories to come out.)

Sopranosv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my 1st gen just the very same day the 2nd gen was announced (a friend desperately needed to buy the 2nd gen after using this one only for a month).

Got a good price and it does everything I need:

- emailing
- web browsing
- .doc .xls and .ppt for office and college (including presentation when in small groups of clients)
- music and movies (just started watching the 1st season of The Sopranos again)
- playing NOVA
- posting in forums
- facebook and twitter
- taking meeting notes with Penultimate
- maps
- reading my ebooks
- playing (I mean "learning to play" MorphWiz)

BTW...charged 100% on Sunday and by now I still have 49% battery left...

A1 Mirrors

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We got an iPad and after a week of having it ipad2 was announced. Ah well, 3 will be out before Christmas.

Heng2be4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got my ipad1 64gb + wifi a month ago with the full price, mid of february and apparently they pre-launch ipad2 just a week after i got it on official apple web, then a friend of mine in UK said that i cud get a refund bcoz of the price which got slashed, and yey..i stepped into the shop and i got it str8 away, 161bucks with the new receipt on hand. Apple!! Thats fair, and i still love my ipad1 in any case. Probably ipad3 lol

William B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are not keepingn

Up with products available. From the start of course the IPAD I is a great product, but also the Samsung Tab too is great. Maybe not exactly competition then you are mistaken. It is a wonderful product and the new ones are right up with all others too. Keep reading you will see.

both are very good devices, iPad2s competition is the iPad!

Most reactions