What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time Warner Cable App

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife informed me of this one. Time Warner Cable has a free app that you can download and watch HD channels using wifi. Right now 31 channels are available in my area with more being promised.

I checked it out and it does have some issues streaming if you are in a remote part of your home, you know, where modem strength might be a bit weak. But if you want to watch something in a room with no TV, hey, it just does the job. Check it out it is free. Time Warner Cable subscribers only.

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just read that some of the networks are obtaining a cease and desist order against TWC for streaming via their iPad app.
I just think they want a piece of the pie. Guess that's what happens when Warner offers their customers something (the app) for free.
Seems to me that networks might want to charge TWC for streaming content. If successful, I imagine the costs would be passed along to subscribers.

Most reactions

Latest posts