What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on my new case?

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
img4023q.jpg

img4024q.jpg

img4026g.jpg

A bit overpriced at $40cdn but it fits good and I like it.

Its a Belkin slim case.

Last edited:

anonchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting that case. How do you like it so far? Does it add a lot of weight or thickness? Any complaints?

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anonchi said:
I was thinking about getting that case. How do you like it so far? Does it add a lot of weight or thickness? Any complaints?

It's awesome, you should get it! Very very thin and light, doesn't add any weight. Better than the smart cover because it covers the back. Just too bad it's not magnetic.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
That looks excellent.

I have the Apple case but I wish I had gotten a case like this. The Apple one just doesn't stand up far enough, so putting it on a desk and sitting back to watch films isn't really that good. I have found myself having to purchase an iPad stand to do this, whereas this case would have been perfect if I had bought it in the first place!

designer66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brindley said:
That looks excellent.

I have the Apple case but I wish I had gotten a case like this. The Apple one just doesn't stand up far enough, so putting it on a desk and sitting back to watch films isn't really that good. I have found myself having to purchase an iPad stand to do this, whereas this case would have been perfect if I had bought it in the first place!

Why don't you think it stands up enough? Straight up isn't satisfactory?

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Brindley said:
That looks excellent.

Why don't you think it stands up enough? Straight up isn't satisfactory?

I know it can stand up in the Apple case on it's end but it always feel so unstable this way, I always think that if I just touch the screen it's going to fall over Whereas this case looks stable and I wouldnt be worried to use this case like I can be with the Apple one.

I take it you have an Apple case? Do you use it in it's upright position and find it stable enough?

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This case looks like my Targus Vue.. I pd 19.99 at Best Buy on sale!

designer66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brindley said:
I know it can stand up in the Apple case on it's end but it always feel so unstable this way, I always think that if I just touch the screen it's going to fall over Whereas this case looks stable and I wouldnt be worried to use this case like I can be with the Apple one.

I take it you have an Apple case? Do you use it in it's upright position and find it stable enough?

It feels good to me in an upright position. It could certainly fall forward if knocked, though. It seems to me that it would be hard to knock over since the push would need to be from the back, most likely from someone else.

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
It feels good to me in an upright position. It could certainly fall forward if knocked, though. It seems to me that it would be hard to knock over since the push would need to be from the back, most likely from someone else.

Yes this is the problem for me, I always feel like it is going to fall forward when it is upright and if it did fall forward then that's right on the screen, so this makes me even more nervous!

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only thing is im gonna pick up a stylus pen and no hole on the case to put it in :(

Any ideas?

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've personally tried to walk away from anything and everything Belkin. I've never been impressed by their products and had more then my share fail on me. The quality has always seemed shoddy to me. I speak from as far back as apples transition to USB ports.

If you managed to find something of their's that isn't junk, color me impressed.

Most reactions

Latest posts