What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Truth about the Ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be waiting for Version 2, which knowing Apple will be out in a few months...

If you are going to wait a few months, you might as well get one of the good Android tablets that will be release in early 2011. They will be more functional and cheaper than the iPad.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
To OP: THE truth? No. YOUR truth. Stating opinion as truth is nothing more than fanaticism; you know, people who try and force their own dogmatic agenda on others.

I was going to post a rebuttal to the original statement, even had most of it written out, however it would have been wasted bits.

OP
F

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyway I give up as people are not understanding since I am reading comments how the ipad replaced their laptop. If Ipad meets your work needs than you really don't have much need for a computer, I mean pretty much an iphone could meet your needs also.

Like chris rock said I could drive a car with my feet if I want to, doesn't make it a good idea. I get it people want so badly for the ipad to just be their all in one computer which would be nice in a perfect world. If someone can actully tell me they are more productive on a ipad than a laptop or computer I would love to have them explain that to me. How fast do you type on your ipad 40 wpm. Only apple can do this to people, I will never understand but hey I guess it's good for apple.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't read my school books or take notes on an iPhone. There's an app for it, but it would be useless. I do type quite well on my iPad, I end up without 2-3 pages per night of class. The only thing I bring paper for is to draw out equations and diagrams.

For right now, the iPad does almost everything I need from a laptop. But once the next round of Android Tablets hits the market in early 2011, my iPad is saying bye-bye, and my Android tablet will take it's place.

Then it will do 99.98% of what I need a laptop to do.

Hedonist222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok you're saying 2 things :

1- ipad didn't suit you. Good you were able to established that and proceed forward.

2- ipad doesnt replace a laptop/desktop. Ok no one ever claimed it did. A lot are just saying that itnhas almost completely eliminated the need for normal computer usage.

You keep sayng, in a not very positive note, that it's not a computer. Yes we get that & no one claimed it is.

Let's move on now.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Anyway I give up as people are not understanding since I am reading comments how the ipad replaced their laptop. If Ipad meets your work needs than you really don't have much need for a computer, I mean pretty much an iphone could meet your needs also.

People understand their OWN needs in an iPad and computer. Just because the world does not follow YOUR views on what they need, does not make them wrong, it just makes you an look like an idiot. The iPad does not meet YOUR needs, but it sure as hell meets the needs of millions of people.

And for the record: (from Computer | Define Computer at Dictionary.com )
com·put·er
/kəmˈpyu
thinsp.png
tər/[kuh
thinsp.png
m-pyoo-ter]–noun
1. Also called processor. an electronic device designed to accept data, perform prescribed mathematical and logical operations at high speed, and display the results of these operations.
2. a person who computes; computist.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that the truth is finally out I feel so... so violated. :( Dang!

Michael

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As previous posters stated, "A Very odd post" first he likes it,then he hates it. He doesnt own one he bought it for some body else. He needs to edit his post then delete it.

Last edited:

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The post that caught my eye was the one from someone who said that the iPad was like a big iPhone. I haven't made a call on mine yet, so please somebody show me how to do this……Anyway he went on to say that all the things you can do on the iPhone you can do on a Blackberry. And he's right, you can. It just takes a couple days longer to do it.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts