What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Truth about the Ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha hook I can see you now on a train ipad up to your ear calling home with every one on the floor laughing

Actually with the Whisper phone app, calls come in thru the speaker very loud n clear. Remember, Ipad has a built in mic so u use that to talk. If u choose, u can use a bluetooth or plug in headset. I have the plug in one wit earbuds n mic on the cord. Works great actually, n its Free. ;-)

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Dear FatalDesain,

Is Desain even a word? Did you mean Design?
I suspect that most of us are glad you gave up.
Like "deckyon" I had a long rebuttal post ready but decided not to waste anyone else's time reading, not to mention server space.
I felt I had to say a bit though.
P.S. The first person I heard say that iPad was not a computer was Steve Jobs. He was wrong too.

Cheers

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Second comment to FatalDesain,

You say AT&T is raping "some people" and 16 GB is plenty. I too have about 30+ GB loaded with very little music, mostly apps and photos. Remember that no one is demanding that anyone get 3G.

Sorry, I couldn't help commenting on this too.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Dear FatalDesain,

Is Desain even a word? Did you mean Design?
I suspect that most of us are glad you gave up.
Like "deckyon" I had a long rebuttal post ready but decided not to waste anyone else's time reading, not to mention server space.
I felt I had to say a bit though.
P.S. The first person I heard say that iPad was not a computer was Steve Jobs. He was wrong too.

Cheers

I think he meant Disdain.

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I guess that is why he should be more careful with his posts. :D
I thought that Fatal referred to the design elements. You are probably right. His mixture of "texting" spelling and grammar is pretty amateur writing.

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I`m pretty much in agreement with the OP.

Except for the statements about needing Flash and needing computer skills to utilize the iPad.
One advantage of the iPad is that it brings many computer illiterate people into the Cult of Apple.

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These posts are boring and I do not have the time to read them. I did read the Pros and Cons of the iPad in the OP and I agree but the other posts I can not read too much "I love Apple Stuff". To the OP you can not post anything negative against Apple on any board that has any connection to an Apple product. Why because Apple fanboys do not look at specs or read reviews about other products...... they just line up why some new Apple product goes on sale. Anything Steve Jobs tells them is gospel, they believe because why would Steve lie?

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This post is obviously flame bait. My iPad (3G/64G 4.2.1) and my iPod my forays into Apple-land. The OP extolling, by inference, the virtues of Windows, paradoxically sounds like most Mac users pointing and laughing at those of us old enough to remember a C-prompt.

I bought my iPad with relatively low expectations. I travel a great deal and I still carry my Toshiba Portege for the heavy-duty work, and my iPad for emails and non-computing intensive stuff.

I never expected my iPad to replace my computer, just as I never expected my Blackberry to be anything but a Blackberry.

I agree on the port support issues. I don't need a camera. I have a camera on my laptop and, other than testing it to see if the software was installed, I've never used it again.

I'm eager to see what 2.0 offers, but it would have to be a lot more than video Skype support and a USB port for me to decide to give my 1.0 away to get one.

gourangaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been reading through this with a bit of a smile on my face. I can see where he is coming from on some aspect (just not to the same extent) and disagree with him on others.

To start off, I do not like Apple Macintosh computers. I am a Windows XP user (have been since it was released), I have 5 buttons on my mouse (and a scroll wheel). I have spent the last couple of months playing with an intel mac running tiger and like the smoothness but not the (what seems like) money grabbing (£122 to upgrade to snow leopard before I can upgrade iTunes to accept my tablet and phone).

I also own an Archos 605 media player (IMHO) the second best media device I have ever owned (first being a iRiver), some creative zen stones and numerous other music and media players. I am also privileged enough to have had a first generation Windows XP tablet edition PC (such potential, so underpowered it made is terrible).

I do own two apple products though. The iPhone 3GS and the iPad 2 3G, both in black and both 16GB (I couldn't afford to get the bigger ones).

To start I think the price of the iPad is a little steep, granted the wifi version is cheaper but to me that's like chilli with no kidney beans (I know about tethering). I got mine for £200 as I was taking it out on a contract with my mobile phone provider (long term costs more but I get a 2GB + 10GB wifi hotspots per month, so getting a service). Making it a little more affordable for myself.

I have had my iPad 2 a week today, it hasn't left my side. I'm using it right now with the iPF app. Its not a computer in a way that I see it but it is an amazing little device. It bridges the gap between mobile phone and PC. My PC is always running but lacks the portability of my phone, my phone lacks the screen and capabilities of my PC. The iPad is the best of both. I can take it with me, like my mobile, and use it almost anywhere.

I strongly recommend getting GarageBand, it's worth the £2.99 just for the sampling keyboard (I tend to be very wary of buying apps). Also get AirVideo, I don't use the streaming ability as it'll eat into my allowance, I use it to convert my Divx movies so I can locally stream them to my pad via my home wifi.

I love my iPad 2, it is a toy (to me) but a very much loved one. Great purchase.

Reaction score
Anyone who buys a product without researching fully, including me, gets what they deserve.
I believed the "desktop replacement" stuff without finding out the definition of the term. At first I found the ipad very frustrating to use aa desktop replacement but in time acclimated to the new way of doing things. Apps is the future, it's all about the money stream they enable, no matter what os you choose. Like it or not, they are the future.
A truly ipad educated user does not need bigger than 16 gb IF they choose not to get any larger but not everyone wants to store everything on a virtual hard drive(cloud)
A truly ipad educated person does not need a large data plan because of wifi being so readily available but some may choose a larger data plan because they WANT to not limit themselves to a wifi connection or tether from their phone. This may not be true on the entire globe but it is on many parts if it. There are also those who travel outside of the center of the universe to other countries and NEED the ability a SIM card gives.
I'm not aware of anyone who had a gun to their head forcing them to by an ipad. If you know of any post a link and I'll correct this post and my thinking.
Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my Galaxy 10.1 via Swype

gourangaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Sent from my Galaxy 10.1

I loved this on an iPad forum, sir I salute you. (how is the 10.1 my father has the galaxy tab and I loved it, didn't buy one as he had it).

Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Sent from my Galaxy 10.1

I loved this on an iPad forum, sir I salute you. (how is the 10.1 my father has the galaxy tab and I loved it, didn't buy one as he had it).

There's another thread comparing the iPad to the Tab that I and a few others have been posting in. I don't want to jack this thread.
http://www.ipadforums.net/off-topic/34834-galaxy-tab-10-1-a.html

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my iTablet

Last edited:

Shikamary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
xsilverleafx.tripod.com
Yah, I do agree with this post in many ways but other you gotta keep an open mind about the device to truly appreciate it. It's new and yes it needs to grow abit. Just think of it as a child and be patient. This device has much potential. The new iOS 5 is coming. Really hoping email attachments are supported and html5 hopefully upgrades to be able to animate. iPad customizations like gif is much appreciated. I'm saying my goodbyes to flash cause we know it will not happen on this device. And yes steve is trying to milk us for all were worth. That's pretty obvious. Just think he'll be gone soon from his condition and he wants to make the most of his life not to mention ours and iOS 5 is a beast. You won't be disappointed, I guarantee that. If you want your iPad to be like a computer then spend the extra Mulah on the apps for iPad 2. They're great from what I hear. You just gotta really search for them. I recommend pages, splashtop remote, iDraw, quick office pro, and sky fire. They are like $10 to $20. Also I'd recommend you upgrade your 16 gig so you can use iMessage from apple OS5 for a 3G 32 gig, plus more storage for your documents. iCloud might ease that space usage abit so 16 might still be okay. Use
Verizon not AT&T. They are a bunch of corporate thieves. So trading yours in may be a must. That way you'll be set and won't have anymore iHeadaches. Lol.

gourangaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shikamary said:
Also I'd recommend you upgrade your 16 gig so you can use iMessage from apple OS5 for a 3G 32 gig, plus more storage for your documents.

This has me confused, are you saying my 16GB 3G iPad 2 won't support iMessage?
Actually I'd better check, i Message is the iOS clone of Blackberry Messenger isn't it?

from Scotland with love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts