What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Room - Need help with Q - shaped panel

iSuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never mind. I figured it out.

Attachments

• image-2185530182.jpg
    image-2185530182.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 8,106
  • image-2081690456.jpg
    image-2081690456.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 8,687
Last edited:
OP
I

iSuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You turn the ring so that the grey opening is at 3 o'clock then slide the "bolt" to the right. You keep it and slide the bolt that's already at 5 o'clock down. There you can deposit the first one you picked up. Then turn the opening to 9 o'clock, slide the second bolt to the left and it should open. The term "bolt" is what threw me off.

Fun game!!! Unfortunately, there's only one more chapter before the game ends

Lifeonerth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Room- stuck at the timer buttons

Hello-
Can anyone offer some help? I was doing well until I hit the part where you activate the light inside the box with the glowing crystal, then I got the little telescope on top to pop up, and there is a panel with two buttons that activate a timer located below the light on the top of the box. The last hint said to push a sequence of buttons before the timer runs out, but which buttons? Where? The star buttons that light up don't seem to be connected to the timer, and I don't immediately see any other buttons aside from the two with the timer. Please help! Thank you very much! :)

Malcolm66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Touch the left hand button, then zoom out and spin round the top of the unit.
A series of boxes open up and you need to hit each button to restart the timer, after about three restarts you'll find the next object. Hope that makes sense

ChelseaZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have same problem! Flying until that point -

Hello-
Can anyone offer some help? I was doing well until I hit the part where you activate the light inside the box with the glowing crystal, then I got the little telescope on top to pop up, and there is a panel with two buttons that activate a timer located below the light on the top of the box. The last hint said to push a sequence of buttons before the timer runs out, but which buttons? Where? The star buttons that light up don't seem to be connected to the timer, and I don't immediately see any other buttons aside from the two with the timer. Please help! Thank you very much! :)

Is it anything to do with the 16 star lights?

Any help much appreciated...

Undermanager

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I can slide the bolt to the right at 3 o clock, but I don't understand "keep it". I can't pick it up, I can't rotate the ring, I can't figure this out? Help, please.

zonie77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Undermanager said:
Ok, I can slide the bolt to the right at 3 o clock, but I don't understand "keep it". I can't pick it up, I can't rotate the ring, I can't figure this out? Help, please.

I am exactly at the same place ... Arg!! I think I moved the big bolt there and it's now too big to rotate? IDK...

Undermanager

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am exactly at the same place ... Arg!! I think I moved the big bolt there and it's now too big to rotate? IDK...

Ha, done it! Turn the wheel to 9 '0' clock first, slide the centre thingy into the ring, rotate the ring and put it in the space at 5 o oclock, then do the 3 o clock one! The above poster can't tell the time!

zonie77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Undermanager said:
Ha, done it! Turn the wheel to 9 '0' clock first, slide the centre thingy into the ring, rotate the ring and put it in the space at 5 o oclock, then do the 3 o clock one! The above poster can't tell the time!

Hmm. Apparently on my first attempt I did this goofy. I went 9:00 got the big bolt to 3:00 and now am stuck. Yah I know I did it wrong...now! Can't turn anything. Tried to turn it back, tried to get it to 5 ...get this...redid all of chapter two hopefully to refresh this stupid Q thing. Freeking crazy. Thanks tho..a lot.

Undermanager

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mmmm. I went to 9 o clock, had to have a few attempts at sliding the bolt into position, but them it moved. Then I rotated the ring to the 5 o clock position okay and unloaded it, before moving to 3 o clock.

Good luck ...

Last edited:

pleasantmr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ignore the 16 button box, that has nothing to do with this part of the game.
On the open box below the light, tap the button on the RIGHT, then zoom out and turn the box slightly and you'll see a similar box to the right with only one button. Press that button and zoom out and look for another open box and I think another one after that until you find a box with no buttons to press and the next puzzle piece inside of it.
Good luck, and I know we're all excited about finding out how this ends!

nuffsedd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Room - What time do I set the clock?

This is so frustrating, because I am positive I have looked every where... In the second puzzle room, you finally get the green oval gem, put it in the lock, turn on your glasses, and you have to set it to a particular time, "but I must have picked up a clue that I missed." Bull pucky! I have not missed anything! The date in the letter that I "should not forget" is June 21st, so I tried 6:21. The combo on the four-button lock was 527, so I tried 5:27, 2:57, and 7:25. There are markings on a dial below that appears to point to 10:30 so I tried THAT.

Seriously, this game is not likely to get 5 stars out of me....

nuffsedd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good lord, that was ridiculously difficult. You have to look at the steel tube again, closely, and pull the picture out. Then turn it over. Geeeeez....

Bootieboots

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am completely stuck on chapter 2. I have found a big key which I have set to the correct formation (I am 99% sure of that) and it should fit into the big funny shaped keyhole on the side of the box, but for some reason i can't get it to go in. Am going crazy, I have tried everything. It won't go in. What's the trick??

Most reactions

Latest posts