What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Missing Link

mossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's been a lot of discussion in this forum and in other sites around the need for a file management system on the iPad. In the 9 months since it's launch, the iPad has seen numerous apps from developers to help solve this problem. Unfortunately, these developers have only solved half of the equation -- how to get stuff onto the iPad.

Shuffling files between apps is a hit or miss affair, but more of less works with the apps you need it to. It could be better, but it's good enough really.

The gap that we have then is moving files off the iPad. Here's an example of what I mean. I use Zumocast app for moving files onto my device wirelessly from my home computer. I can then send that file to pages or numbers, which are my preferred word processor and spreadsheet apps. When I'm done on the iPad, I'm left with only a few options which boil down to e-mailing the file or hooking it up to my computer and dragging and dropping files.

The missing link to me is the ability to move files from numbers and pages to an app like Zumocast. If that could be figured out, then the file management solution is met in my mind.

For some of you, the easy answer to this is a cloud service, but that's not for me. I still harbor concerns about the security of my files on such a service, and why pay for space to hold your files when you have plenty of storage capacity at home?

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I'm writing this to see if I missed anything, or if you agree. Please share.

Most reactions

Latest posts