What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions while waiting.

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Afternoon all. Waiting for my iPad2 to arrive my wife surprised me with it as my Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary present and I can't wait.

Anyways I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find the answers for via browsing or searching the forums. Sorry if these have been answered before and I missed them.

Goes the iPad photo Gallery integrate well with Picasa? For example on my Moto Droid my Picasa albums show up in the phone's gallery just like they were sitting on my SD card. (if not I have found Web Albums the app via this forums that seems to do it well)

Is there a way to keep iTunes on my home computer and work laptop synced? At least between Apps and Podcasts.

To verify with using the iFile (I understand I would have to Jailbreak) I can move a file from a SD to a folder on the iPad that will allow an App to see that file and open (as long as I have moved the file into the correct folder)

Anyone heard rumors of an Amazon Video App for the streaming video?

Thanks for your time.

wigsajumper

Last edited:

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of you will love the iPad when you get it!

Natively the photo gallery does not work nice with Picasa an app would have to help you in that department, the gallery works perfect with iTunes and the pictures you have on your hard drive!

The iTunes question I'm not 100 percent on but I do not believe it will be able to sync to be exactly the same with out you actually manually re adding apps and podcast. I do know you can't back up and sync with two separate computers needs to be one. But your purchases and downloads always follow your iTunes account so you will be able to see what you have download if you cant recall, but I don't think sync is available Yet anyway!

iFile, I don't know to much I'm not a fan of jail breaking Aka (I wish I was android lol) but that seems correct and I don't see why that wouldn't work they way u describe.

OP
wigsajumper

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all.

j0yful thanks for the heads up about the picasa app I will see if I can try and find it on iTunes.

Itzxdjx thanks for the direction about using iTunes with the Gallery I guess I will have to get use to another picture management program. Between lightroom and picasa I was all set. I have to say iTunes is frustrating to use on a Windows Machine. I can't believe I can't even change the white background to a less glaring shade.

Thanks SweetPoison for the welcome.

Another question I forgot to ask.

Any rumors of an Amazon Video App?

Last edited:

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't heard anything yet about it coming to the app store but hopefully!

Yeah iTunes is a little frustrating but with time you'll get accustomed.

And Welcome!

Most reactions