What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Home made Wireframe iPad Stand

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfFKT-VtK4s"]YouTube - 30 Second iPad Stand[/ame]

If you've spent all your hard earned money on the iPad and have nothing left for accessories, don't sweat it! Here's a video to show you how to make a custom iPad stand out of a metal hanger. So invade your closet, find a metal hanger, a couple bends and twists and Voila! For those members that give this a shot, let us know how it turns out!

Solitar6y

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this is awesome. Pretty funny too - I had just gotten a few things back from the dry cleaners the other day, and I looked at the metal hangers and said, oh, I don't need those, but hm, better keep it because I think I feel like I can make something out of it...

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was pretty cool for me, although I wasn't willing to put my thousand dollar iPad in a five cent metal coat hanger, after the video finished I noticed a video for another stand that you can buy for ten dollars. I ordered one right away, and although I haven't received it yet I think others may also be interested in it. Here is a link to the website.

Groovy iPad Stand

Solitar6y

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the metal hangar last night. It's easy enough to not have to rewatch the video, and as long as you take the care to make your bends symmetrical, it has a very stable base on both the table and the ipad.

For a 5 cent stand, I give it 10/10 stars. The only thing is, when not in use, its not the most attractive, nor does it allow for easy storage...

Zion21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of fun to make too. I am going to get right on this!

Stracer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a router, a table saw and some spare oak scraps.....I wonder if I could sell some stands around my block......I'll be rich!!!

Ian B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like your virtual wallpaper. What's the name and where to find? Is your iPad jail broken?

Thanks,

Ian B

mgamber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was at Coldwater Creek with my wife and noticed these stands they used to prop up dinner plates (yeah, I don't get it either). I mentioned it to one of the women that worked there and how I couldn't find any so she said just take that one. Turns out they sell them at Hallmark stores for about $3 a shot and they make perfect iPad stands.

Most reactions

Latest posts