What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Stand

jesslyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well since the Cloak by Quirky hit another delay, I am moving on. After a couple of months, it's become obvious that my current stand at work is working out just fine. So, here's the deal.
I keep my iPad propped up on my desk at work in a stationary stand, so what I really need is something for home use-in the bed and on the lap use. Also I don't like to take it in and out of a case when out and about.
So my perfect stand has turned out to be a stupid $7 wire bookstand that I got from B&N. Works great at the perfect angles if you've gor a case over the iPad so the metals don't scratch. If you prefer something simpler, use a couple od rubber doorstops.
So now I have to find a simple book like case instead of the case/stand combo that I originally thought I'd need

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The wire book stand, I've heard befure, but the door stopper is pure gold!

Thanks for the in-a-pinch tip.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought a commemorative plate stand at Hallmark for $2.50. Spray painted it black.works nice.:D

Zorban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a upside down cerialbowl. I have a clear macally casing on the ipad to give it some grip.
Then i just prop it up againt the bowl.
Works great for typing and reading the news at breakfast.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a upside down cerialbowl. I have a clear macally casing on the ipad to give it some grip.
Now with this post, I am going to bed. lol

That is the most interesting use of a cereal bowl I've seen in recent memory. I usually use mine for putting oatmeal in. :p

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went to Joann fabrics and picked up the "ingredients" to make my own fully adjustable fold flat stand. (I checked out the $2.99 adjustable easel but it wasn't completely flat which is one of my personal requirements).

Here is what I used:
- two wooden kiddie picture frames from the Joann $1 bin (thin plywood frame that comes pre-printed with a pic for kids to color and three tiny markers) about 4x4"ish.
- blue duct tape
- one pack of sew on 1' velcro tape
- no-sew velcro tape
- small binder clip

I know pics would be useful, but I only made it yesterday and haven't taken any pics yet. But if you can imagine an A-frame sandwich display board with the 1' velcro tape providing the adjustable angle, that's my DIY iPad stand.

Now I have a fully adjustable (landscape or portrait), fold-flat stand that is the thickness of maybe three credit cards...when folded flat, the dimensions are 4x8"ish.

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Matt,

The Netbook and iPad stand looks like a pretty good recommendation and the price is reasonable too.

If you've bought it, is it any good ?

Ray

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, I bought it and it works well. I reviewed it in another thread, I'll have to try to find it. Just do a search for threads started by me with the word eBay in it.

neocaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Worked like a charm! Now I just have to wait for my wife to come home and clean up the spilled cereal and milk.

Most reactions

Latest posts