What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idea: Homemade iPad Stand

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, you may have to beef up the springs on a typical lamp arm, or find a way to tighten the joints to lock the position when you get it where you want.

benst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to make a car mount for mine. The suction cup ones suck IMHO.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, Ok, inadequate CS3 skills aside, I think I'm on to something! Take your average desktop mounted retractable light stand, but instead of the light, simply attach your iPad at the end. This would be great way to compliment your desktop computer with an iPad that has a full range of motion (up,down,left,right,back,forward) hovering right there where you need it. And it could be easily rigged for audio and power. Am I making sense?

I'm still trying to figure out how to properly mount an iPad to the stand. A car mount with a few custom screw holes and a u-bolt would probably work (but expensive). Unlike my picture, you'd need a light stand that fastened to the edge of your desk to counterbalance the weight of an iPad.

Hopefully the attachment works. I might be losing my mind waiting for the 3g to come out, or it might be an alright idea. Who knows..

3 days and counting!
I've tried it and it failed. I'd have to put sturdier springs for it to work. As it is the iPad is too heavy so the thing droops down to the table. The one I built with the microphone stand works better.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thats a sweet lookin stand. i would love one of those

Most reactions

Latest posts