The 5.5-inch iPhone to Run Software in Landscape Mode with an iPad-like User Interface

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Sep 8, 2014.

1. RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina
    Expand Collapse
    News Team

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

The much-rumored bigger iPhone is getting launched tomorrow almost for sure, and here's one last info to check out before the big event. According to new findings from iOS developer Steve Stroughton-Smith, when viewed in landscape, certain default iOS 8 apps, including Calendar, Contacts, and Game Center, display contents in a divided mode very similar to the layout an iPad uses while in landscape. Here are some more details:

It's not sure whether we'll see this feature getting unveiled tomorrow, but it makes a lot of sense for Apple to do it. It could also incorporate the purported split-screen app multitasking feature set for iOS 8.1, as well. If this feature makes it into the official software, then it will be a great way to drive sales for the bigger-sized iPhone, of course, if there will be one.

So, as it turns out, the 5.5 inch iPhone could come with a potential landscape interface that will be more productive workspace with dual-panes. Thus, you will be able to see an entire month view in the calendar along with a longer list of events. Also, individual contact cards alongside your full contacts list will be visible.

Source: 9to5Mac

2. Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Wow. I guess the new iPhones will affect iPad sales.

3. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually I will most likely purchase the bigger phone so I donot have to take to devices to work