What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple's 12.9-inch iPad Delayed due to Overwhelming Demand for the New iPhones

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
minireview-131114-4.jpg

Production of Apple's larger iPad has reportedly beed delayed as suppliers focus on iPhone 6, according to a recent report from the Wall Street Journal. The publication cites sources familiar with Apple's plans who said the following:

"The top priority for the supply chain is to meet the overwhelming demand for the larger screen iPhones," the source said.The output of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus remains unsatisfactory. It would be challenging for display makers to split resources and spend a few months to ramp up production for a new larger screen iPad now."

WSJ says that Foxconn is having trouble meeting iPhone 6 demand, and since Foxconn is also responsible for building important parts in the iPad, this has postponed the launch of the much-rumored iPad Pro.

If Apple's rumored iPad does indeed get launched, the it will be the first time when the company will introduce a bigger size than the current 9.7-inch version.

Previous rumors suggested that an an early 2015 launch is on the cards for the device, but it could be pushed back into the middle of next year if mass production doesn't start this year.

Apple will livestream the launch event of the new iPads, so maybe that's when we'll hear more details about the iPad Pro.

Source: WSJ

nannahannah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am really sad :(. In June I bought the iPhone 5c only to have the new iPhone 6 come out 3 or 4 months later. Then I bought the iPad 4 because my iPad/32mb was giving me a lot of grief. Now I hear about the new iPad!!!!! What is a woman to do :rolleyes: ?

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am really sad :(. In June I bought the iPhone 5c only to have the new iPhone 6 come out 3 or 4 months later. Then I bought the iPad 4 because my iPad/32mb was giving me a lot of grief. Now I hear about the new iPad!!!!! What is a woman to do :rolleyes: ?

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could make it a regular practice to check out the news section of our forum. This will give you a heads up on future ipad releases. In the case of the iPhone, you could do the same thing at our sister forum, iPhone Forums. http://www.iphoneforums.net/

Most reactions

Latest posts