1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Tethered jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by rhardin, Mar 24, 2013.

1. rhardin

rhardin iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Can someone please tell me the pros and cons of a tethered jailbreak.... Should they be avoided?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,674 / 0
    They are not to be avoided, as they work well (as long as you are near your computer when you want to turn on or reboot your iPad. But - as of right now, there is an untethered jail break for the iPad, so you don't even need a tethered one.

I guess I need to ask - where are you reading about a tethered jail break? Cause there isn't one, currently, for the iPad...

Marilyn
  3. rhardin

rhardin iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Well really I was asking because I read u can still jailbreak ipod 4 even if iOS 6.1.3. And I've seem a few people say to avoid them all together so I wasn't sure what to do.... I know this more for iPads stuff but you all are so helpful here I was hoping someone would know :)
  4. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630 / 0
    • Like Like x 1
  5. rhardin

rhardin iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I'm talking about a iPod 4
  6. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630 / 0
    Right, my bad. I just assumed being an iPad forum you would be talking about an iPad and didn't read your comment properly. You were talking about an iPod Touch 4.

It's simple. If you have to reboot the device, then you need to use your PC to reboot it if you want the jailbreak to operate on a tethered jailbreak.
    If you don't think you can live with that, then don't jailbreak it. If you don't know, then give it a go and see. If you don't like it, then restore it. Only you know whether you reboot your iPod regularly enough for this to be a problem for you.

Good luck.