What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tethered jailbreak

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me the pros and cons of a tethered jailbreak.... Should they be avoided?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They are not to be avoided, as they work well (as long as you are near your computer when you want to turn on or reboot your iPad. But - as of right now, there is an untethered jail break for the iPad, so you don't even need a tethered one.

I guess I need to ask - where are you reading about a tethered jail break? Cause there isn't one, currently, for the iPad...

Marilyn

OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well really I was asking because I read u can still jailbreak ipod 4 even if iOS 6.1.3. And I've seem a few people say to avoid them all together so I wasn't sure what to do.... I know this more for iPads stuff but you all are so helpful here I was hoping someone would know :)

OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm talking about a iPod 4

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm talking about a iPod 4

Right, my bad. I just assumed being an iPad forum you would be talking about an iPad and didn't read your comment properly. You were talking about an iPod Touch 4.

It's simple. If you have to reboot the device, then you need to use your PC to reboot it if you want the jailbreak to operate on a tethered jailbreak.
If you don't think you can live with that, then don't jailbreak it. If you don't know, then give it a go and see. If you don't like it, then restore it. Only you know whether you reboot your iPod regularly enough for this to be a problem for you.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts