What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tell me something good!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
American pool ~ interesting. I love pool!

I met my hubby playing pool, I got quite good at it, better than snooker anyway! He loved my little Minnie mouse cut off top ( don't know why hee hee) those were the days. We were in a darts, pool, skittles team together as mates before we got together.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
American pool ~ interesting. I love pool!

I met my hubby playing pool, I got quite good at it, better than snooker anyway! He loved my little Minnie mouse cut off top ( don't know why hee hee) those were the days. We were in a darts, pool, skittles team together as mates before we got together.

Snooker?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Larger table same sort of balls but more difficult to lean on table when you are 5ft 2in. It's big over here at least it was in my early years.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Larger table same sort of balls but more difficult to lean on table when you are 5ft 2in. It's big over here at least it was in my early years.

Especially when the table is twelve feet long and six feet wide.....world champs are on BBC2 right now!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Especially when the table is twelve feet long and six feet wide.....world champs are on BBC2 right now!

The Archangel

Sorry Gabriel1, my hubby is the fan of snooker/ darts. So I wasn't sure. Can I witness the smack down of said challenge between you and Sweet P.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Snooker is played differently than billiards. More balls and no numbers. Balls are given points by color. Fifteen red balls are racked, while two blue balls are placed centerline between the rack and scratch line. The remainer of the balls are on or behind the scratch line.

I should also mention that snooker is another one of those British games with such complicated rules that not even the players are aware of all of them.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Sorry Gabriel1, my hubby is the fan of snooker/ darts. So I wasn't sure. Can I witness the smack down of said challenge between you and Sweet P.

It won't be a pretty sight!

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
Snnoker is played differently than billiards. More balls and no numbers. Balls are given points by color. Fifteen red balls are racked, while two blue balls are placed centerline between the rack and scratch line. The remainer of the balls are on or behind the scratch line.

I thought billiards was played with 3 balls only?

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seadog said:
Snnoker is played differently than billiards. More balls and no numbers. Balls are given points by color. Fifteen red balls are racked, while two blue balls are placed centerline between the rack and scratch line. The remainer of the balls are on or behind the scratch line.

I've never played billiards, that's a really old game isn't it. Is it played professionally or just leisure.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the states, billiards is the common term for the various versions played here. Technically billiards are a generic term, but we use it for 8-ball, 9-ball, 10-ball, straight pool, one-pocket, etc. 8-ball is the most common, but players have been known to switch games during a session. What you are referring to is English billiards, which is related to carom billiards. Back a long time ago, as a teenager, I used to hustle the GIs to play. The military tables were free, but due to the limited number (one), the only way to keep playing was to win. My specialty was making a long shot where the target ball was on the end cushion and being able to tap it just so where it would follow the cushion to the corner. Unfortunately, in 33 years of marriage, I have not been able to persuade my wife to get rid of the living room funiture and install a table.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seadog said:
In the states, billiards is the common term for the various versions played here. Technically billiards are a generic term, but we use it for 8-ball, 9-ball, 10-ball, straight pool, one-pocket, etc. 8-ball is the most common, but players have been known to switch games during a session. What you are referring to is English billiards, which is related to carom billiards. Back a long time ago, as a teenager, I used to hustle the GIs to play. The military tables were free, but due to the limited number (one), the only way to keep playing was to win. My specialty was making a long shot where the target ball was on the end cushion and being able to tap it just so where it would follow the cushion to the corner. Unfortunately, in 33 years of marriage, I have not been able to persuade my wife to get rid of the living room funiture and install a table.

Bad luck! In our early years I wanted to have one but English homes, especially lower bracket ones are notoriously tiny so we never got one. I'm out of practice now I expect but still play in my hubby's skittle team occasionally. ( skittles is a pub version of ten pin but more difficult)

Most reactions

Latest posts