What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing ipad with outlook 2002 calendar and contacts

Jim in Georgia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had a request fir ideas on the welcome forum but have not received any input. Maybe I did not do it right, but wanted to post this to get to wider audience. My iPad appears to be set up correctly but no calendar or contact sync from my pc to my iPad. It does work on my iphone4 so I know there must be a way to do it.

Any ideas or creative solutions would be much appreciated. Thanks, Jim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are syncing with calnendars on your computer, and not an online service like GMail, AOL, Yahoo!, etc?

Then plug in your iPad, go to iTunes and select the iPad from the Device list. Got to the Info page (link at top) and set up syncing there. I don't have Outlook, or normally use Windows, but I believe Outlook is one of the programs supported for local syncing.

Doing things this way means you calendars only get updated when you physically sync the devices.

To get calendars that sync wirelessly over the internet you'll need an online account. Google is probaby the easiest and most versatile. I'd very surprised if you couldn't sync your Outlook calendars to Google as well, or vise-versa.

helenqun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To transfer iPhone contacts to Microsoft Outlook, you can follow the steps below to try again.
1. Connect the iPhone to the computer using the supplied USB cable and launch the iTunes application.
2. Click your iPhone on the iTunes panel and click the "Info" tab. Click "Sync contacts with" and select"Outlook."
3. Select "All Contacts" if you want to sync all the contacts from your iPhone to Outlook. If you want to select specific contacts, click "Selected groups" and place a check on the contacts you want to sync to Outlook.
4. Click "Apply" to sync your iPhone contacts to Outlook. Click the "Eject" button on the right panel and disconnect your phone from the computer. Close iTunes.
5. Launch Outlook and click the "Contacts" tab. You should see the imported iPhone contacts.
By the steps above, you may transfer contacts from iPhone to Outlook.

rymcneil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a hard drive crash and have lost all my contacts. If I sync with my iPad where I have all my contacts will it copy all my contacts to my PC (thru i-tunes) or will it copy the empty contacts file from my pc overwriting all the data on my i-Pad?

Most reactions

Latest posts