What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sync calendar/contact friom outlook stopped working after installing new pc

cipal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have an IPad (1) and use it (among other things) to sync the contacts and calendar with outlook 2003 via ITunes.
It worked fine until we bought a new pc : windows 7 64bit, same outlook , same settings.
With this new pc the contacts and calendar does not sync anymore.

Where do we have to look to solve this problem?
We would like to use ITunes again to sync this.

Thank you

OP
C

cipal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
extra data

I tried almost everything in this article: //support.apple.com/kb/ht1692
Still the same problem. No syncing of the outlook items. It seems it cannot find the right files? Although the .ost file is available and working. (we worg through exchange)
Has it something to do with the differences in profile between Windows Xp en windows 7?

How can I start from scratch without loosing the few apps I bought?

Can I reset the things which make the connection with outlook?

in short:
- on the windows7 PC syncing the outlook contacts/calender is not working , also with a new windows user. On the old windows xp PC everything seems to work fine.

OP
C

cipal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved

WHat I did:

installing a completly new pc windows 7 32bit.
at first the same problem.
- uninstalling office 2003
- installing office 2010
-> it worked
- because we don't use 2010 yet : uninstall office 2010
- uninstall ITunes
- install office 2003
- install ITunes
-> it worked!

Back to the original 64bit windows7 pc
- installed the latest version ITunes (again)
- be sure to place de ost file directly on c:\ -> this was the case on the old pc (the outlook.ost file is the file ITunes uses to synch, we use connection to an exchange server and do not use a .pst file)
- rebooted en tried again
- guess what : now it works!

very bizar, still not found a reason why it diodn't work directly on the new pc. Almost three days work for such a stupid problem.

best regards

Most reactions

Latest posts