What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Calendar to iPad to Outlook Sync guidance or help

NKromberg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like some guidance or help regarding sync with Google Calendars, iPads and Outlook. Here is my situation. I have an iPad 2 that I travel with. It is connected to my companies Exchange system. This means I get calendar and email and contacts via that connection. I use Google for person email, contacts and calendar. Several months ago I was using Google Sync between Outlook on my work computer/system and Google. I was also syncing from Google to my iPad. I ended up with multiple calendar entries in all locations.

Has anyone also experienced this?

Does anyone have solutions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From the sound of it you've created a loop. Pick one source and sync everything to it if possible, or play pass it along, but never create a loop. By syncing everything to everything it ends up going around in a circle and causing duplicates.

Draw a diagram of everything you are syncing and you will probably see what is happening.

SyncDiagrams.jpg

Or if I'm wrong, then let me know and I'll see if I can come up with a better guess.

Most reactions

Latest posts