1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Google Calendar to iPad to Outlook Sync guidance or help

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by NKromberg, Jan 5, 2012.

1. NKromberg

NKromberg iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would like some guidance or help regarding sync with Google Calendars, iPads and Outlook. Here is my situation. I have an iPad 2 that I travel with. It is connected to my companies Exchange system. This means I get calendar and email and contacts via that connection. I use Google for person email, contacts and calendar. Several months ago I was using Google Sync between Outlook on my work computer/system and Google. I was also syncing from Google to my iPad. I ended up with multiple calendar entries in all locations.

Has anyone also experienced this?

Does anyone have solutions?
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,986 / 1
    From the sound of it you've created a loop. Pick one source and sync everything to it if possible, or play pass it along, but never create a loop. By syncing everything to everything it ends up going around in a circle and causing duplicates.

Draw a diagram of everything you are syncing and you will probably see what is happening.

SyncDiagrams.jpg

Or if I'm wrong, then let me know and I'll see if I can come up with a better guess.