What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggested posts on Facebook

peterb16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Facebook keeps throwing Suggested posts & apps at me , I've tried looking at ways to prevent this, and read many bits of info, but most relate to Windows not IPad. If I had the same problems on my desktop I could probably deal with this, but cannot figure a way of stopping facebook sending me this crap on my IPad. Please help
Peter

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, there is no way to get this "crap" out of your Facebook. It's Facebook's way of advertising (they sell advertisers the ability to show you those suggested posts). So, it's ads and our payment for the "privilege' of using Facebook.

So, no, there's no way to stop them as they are ads. Now, I'd love to be proven wrong (because they annoy me also). But, I think we're stuck with them...

Marilyn

OP
peterb16

peterb16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, there is no way to get this "crap" out of your Facebook. It's Facebook's way of advertising (they sell advertisers the ability to show you those suggested posts). So, it's ads and our payment for the "privilege' of using Facebook.

So, no, there's no way to stop them as they are ads. Now, I'd love to be proven wrong (because they annoy me also). But, I think we're stuck with them...

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn for your thoughts, I think the main irritation is the Apps & suggested Posts you cannot hide, there are some which can be hidden but even so it makes the Facebook page so long. Hopefully someone may find a way, if not I might consider getting rid of FB.
Peter

OP
peterb16

peterb16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hooray, I've stopped getting all those suggested Apps & Pages on my Newsfeeds. I just wondered if it was anything to do with the Facebook App, so I removed it from my IPad.
I then signed in via the Web Facebook login, it worked I haven't had no Suggested Apps or Pages on my Newsfeeds since. However, the adds still appear on the right hand side of the page but I can live with that.
So anyone who is fed up with Suggested Apps or Pages on my Newsfeeds get rid of the Facebook App.

Most reactions

Latest posts