What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 continually bumps out of facebook

latjs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been having this problem for awhile now. I have an iPad 2. The problem seems to occur most often and frequently when I am in Facebook and attempting to play a video or some other content. The video begins to play then the screen goes black and I am kicked back to the home page. If I go back into the same Facebook post and access the same video, the problem occurs again at the same point in the video/process as the first time. I did as a tech at the Apple store. They told me to check to make sure I didn't have too many programs running and if that didn't solve the problem I should delete and re install the Facebook app. I have complete both of these suggestions but the problem continues.
Any ideas forum?????

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe it must have been the update. I never had problems with FB in my iPad 2. Are you running iOS 7.0.4? Or what about 7.1? Many people claim that it slowed down the iPad 2.

Try a hard reset? Hold the power button and home button until it goes black. Hold them again until it shows the apple logo. Then release them when the apple logo appeared.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If the video is too long and/or in an extremely high resolution as well, it demands a lot,of resources to cache and stream, resulting in a crash. Assuming it's not a crash of the device from lack of resources, it may be q Facebook issue. See if regular browsing through Facebook crashes you in the same manner

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

Most reactions

Latest posts