What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stupid idea for Ipad

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
one of the most stupid idea for iPad i see

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl5QWmhRYSw&feature=player_embedded] Stupid idea for iPad[/ame]

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unlikely to make it to market after they've been sued back into the stone age by ACDC.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
As a dock for desktop use it might have a market. But to use on the go, it is beyond stupid. It takes a next generation product, and turns it into a 1980's laptop.....pointless

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No this is what I want, sort of.

I want a MacBook Pro body with the screen being a quickly detachable iPad.

And a docking station with a 27" monitor.

So you have the iPad, a laptop and a full desktop with minimal investment

how do you want to compute today???

Last edited:

SocalMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure why your calling it stupid, if they make it easy to remove the iPad from the case or if the case has extra batteries then this would be perfect for me.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a place for the iPad and a place for a laptop. To make a iPad into a laptop, even if it was a real simple feat, is nothing but a novelty by someone that does not understand the iPad. It is like the keyboard dock. For the same money, more function is available from the bluetooth keyboard and then get a cheap stand that allows portrait or landscape orientation,

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, I find the idea not that stupid. The while picture-frame-aluminum thing doesn't work in my work environment.

Still...price would be nice to know.

rowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rowan.us
Since there have been so many people who have said the iPad itself is stupid, I guess there's no harm in a dissenting opinion, so...

I'll go on record as saying I don't think this is a stupid idea at all, I think it's innovative, but it needs to succeed as
- A protective case: if it is a solid protector for the iPad when you're traveling;
- A great keyboard: if the keyboard has a good feel and lets you type for hours at a time, then it could work well for people who are writers;
- An antitheft device: noticed that there's no way to secure the iPad, no Kensington Security Slot? If it had a way to secure the iPad when you can't watch it, it might be worth it (although it probably won't);
- A way to integrate an iSight camera: the iPad may or may not get a camera, but the current models certainly don't have one; if there was a camera right where you needed it with a place to plug in earphones, then it's solved the video conferencing problem;
- A way to connect USB/Camera Cards/DVD: like with the camera, if it had either a USB slot or a CF card slot, then like having a camera, another set of dongles are not needed; or imagine it could come with a DVD slot...then just grab the DVDs you haven't seen and in theory view on the iPad as you would on a laptop, no need to worry about whether the limited Netflix app will be able to download the movie or tv series you want to watch; for me, to watch the movies I haven't seen takes a lot of prep time that I don't always have.

So, yeah, it's "contrary" to the monolithic scheme of keyboardless, multitouch, wireless interactive devices that is the salient nature of the iPad, but is it stupid? No, I don't think so.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd probably buy it if it really ends up looking like that. Case, stand, keyboard all in one, and yet still a small form factor.

Most reactions

Latest posts