What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I missing something

andrzejls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For a long time I had heard on this forum how bad idea of 7in tablet it was. Then Apple made one. Where are those "experts" are now?. Same with Iphone, bigger screen?, do not need it, it stupid etc. Any ideas/comments?

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was surprised that Apple was unhappy that others were making smart phones that were roughly the same size as the iPhone, then they decided to copy the 7" android tablet and make a 7" tablet. That being said, I really like the larger iPad screen. My eyes are old and I like typing on the screen with both hands. I still think that the iPhone 4 is quite large. I thought the iPhone 5 was too big until I saw a phablet. I still like the size of my Sony/Ericsson W810i. It is a good size and makes phone calls. For Internet, the screen is too small.
My wife and I bought an iPad mini for our daughter. It is cute and functions very well. I wonder if it will fit into a dinner jacket pocket. For me it's too small as a tablet but would be too large as a phone.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I read, there was a considerable amount of hanging on to quotes from Steve Jobs. He seemed to think that a 7" tablet was a bad idea, and it seemed to me that a lot of folks just parroted what he had to say.

I had a lot of time for Jobs, but he was wrong on this point. The sales figures speak for themselves. He was also wrong about tablets not needing cameras. People are using them all the time, particularly for FaceTime and Skype.

As for a bigger iPhone? Don't hold your breath, but you can pretty well guarantee that such a device would be an instant best seller should Apple decide to manufacture it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Actually, if you pay attention to what Steve Jobs said, he qualified it with a lot of reasons why he thought a bigger phone and smaller tablet were a bad idea. Most of those reasons were addressed in the design of the new products.

It should also be noted that Jobs was never shy about changing his mind and direction. People read that he was stubborn and passionate about his ideas and have somehow translated that to inflexible and obsessed. Inflexible obsessed people do not inspire a company to rise to the top of the tech industry.

You can pretty well expect that if the industry proves that a market exists, and Apple decides it's a market they want to be in, that nothing said in the past will stop them; but it will probably influence on how they execute, as it did with both the iPhone 5 and the iPad mini.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Actually, if you pay attention to what Steve Jobs said, he qualified it with a lot of reasons why he thought a bigger phone and smaller tablet were a bad idea. Most of those reasons were addressed in the design of the new products.

It should also be noted that Jobs was never shy about changing his mind and direction. People read that he was stubborn and passionate about his ideas and have somehow translated that to inflexible and obsessed. Inflexible obsessed people do not inspire a company to rise to the top of the tech industry.

You can pretty well expect that if the industry proves that a market exists, and Apple decides it's a market they want to be in, that nothing said in the past will stop them; but it will probably influence on how they execute, as it did with both the iPhone 5 and the iPad mini.

Kudos to Apple, then.

They make mistakes, which is good because it's proof of innovation, but on the whole, the Apple world is an exciting place to be. For every person whining about certain features, there are several thousand clamoring for that feature. The new lightning connector, the edges of the new iMacs, the existence of the mini, the specifications of the mini, the release of the iPad 4; the list goes on. Every one has had it's detractors, and every one has had people rushing to the Apple Store to get in on the act.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Every one has had it's detractors, and every one has had people rushing to the Apple Store to get in on the act.
Yes, and NOW for the new iPad 13"LOL. Just let me know when and where to join that queue.
eryhyqu6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts