What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stuck on "dim apple logo" after cydia updates

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
this happened on my iphone 5 but im posting here to see if anyone has had this issue with their ipad.

i opened cydia, saw i had to updates, one was bytafont big boss and the other was winterboard. i updated both at the same time. seemed to load fine, clicked respring. after trying to respring it got stuck on dim apple logo. tried hard reset, looked like it was going to work but went back to dim apple logo, tried holding the volume up button, again looked like it was going to work but again stuck on dim apple logo. im thinking i have no other choice but to unjailbreak?

SikYou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this happened on my iphone 5 but im posting here to see if anyone has had this issue with their ipad.

i opened cydia, saw i had to updates, one was bytafont big boss and the other was winterboard. i updated both at the same time. seemed to load fine, clicked respring. after trying to respring it got stuck on dim apple logo. tried hard reset, looked like it was going to work but went back to dim apple logo, tried holding the volume up button, again looked like it was going to work but again stuck on dim apple logo. im thinking i have no other choice but to unjailbreak?

I've been here. When you did the "volume up", what exactly was the process? If i remember correctly, i plugged in to a computer with iTunes open > turn off device by holding home and power until the Apple is gone (device off) > hold power and volume up at the same time until apple screen shows up > let go of power button but continue to hold volume up > should boot to safe mode to remove bad tweaks. Once I had to unplug the cable from my iPad a few times while still holding volume up to get the boot. This may not work at all! Worth a try though

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been here. When you did the "volume up", what exactly was the process? If i remember correctly, i plugged in to a computer with iTunes open > turn off device by holding home and power until the Apple is gone (device off) > hold power and volume up at the same time until apple screen shows up > let go of power button but continue to hold volume up > should boot to safe mode to remove bad tweaks. Once I had to unplug the cable from my iPad a few times while still holding volume up to get the boot. This may not work at all! Worth a try though

Thanks, I held power and home, then when apple logo appeared I held the volume up button till it started rebooting. I gave up and it in the process of restoring from back up at least it happened before the release of 6.1.3! Thanks for your help

Most reactions

Latest posts