What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stream pictures to iPad..

Homey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using the new Home Share feature on OS4.3 and iTunes to stream my music collection and it works brilliantly!
Is there any way to do the same sort of thing with my photo library as well?
I've tried but I just cant seem to make it work as photos are not listed as a source in iTunes.
Can anybody help please, I don't really want to try and fit 30gb of pictures on a 16gb iPad!!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
U could always upload those pix into the "cloud" by using Dropbox. Then u can access pix from iPad using Dropbox app. That's a ton of pix though, gonna be alo of uploading going on..lol

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Flickr and Photobucket are also options. FlickrStackr has some nice viewing and management options on the iPad.

You'll pay money for anything over 2GB on DropBox. Flickr's free account will only allow you to upload 300MB a month, but there is no cap on the total. Might take a while to upload them all that way. I don't know what Photobucket's limits are.

iDisk and Gallery are options if you have a Mac, but the standard account is limited to 20GB, and at least some of that has to be set aside for email. And it cost money, at least for now.

There are other ways of sharing and accessing files between your computer and the iPad, but I don't have any experience with them.

Most reactions

Latest posts